• JerseyFlight
    Years ago I had an exchange with this eccentric, cult-minded fella. Needless to say, like so many others, he ran away when the exchange got tough. Now I would like to share one of the most outrageous things I've ever read:

"The syllogistic form Barbara exists first of all in the self-harmony of Trinitarian love and Trinitarian speaking. The use of the syllogism “on earth” imitates the original logic of the Trinity." Poythress, Logic a God-Centered Approach, pg.195 Crossway 2013

This is truly fantastic, the author is claiming that the Barbara form originates from the Christian Trinity!

"The Barbara syllogism exists in the Trinity in the form of imaging in its self-consistency. Barbara is reflected in the created world because God loves the Son as his image, and therefore is pleased to make images of his eternal relations within the world that he has created." Ibid. pg. 206

"The Son is the image of the Father in imitation of the Father. Barbara is valid because the Father loves the Son through the Spirit." Ibid. pg.207

Barbara is valid because of the Trinity???

This book is free online. It's a total cult-mind-experience of outlandish and indefensible claims in the vein of Christian fundamentalism.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.