• Metaphysician Undercover

I think I said earlier, or perhaps in another thread, that there are inconsistencies and ambiguity in Plotinus' principles which make working out specific problems of how the fundamental principles are related to each other impossible.
  • frank
    think I said earlier, or perhaps in another thread, that there are inconsistencies and ambiguity in Plotinus' principles which make working out specific problems of how the fundamental principles are related to each other impossible.Metaphysician Undercover

Definitely. His solution to the problem of evil is squirrelly. It's the same problem any kind of monist has. Plotinus' view was popular in Rome during his life, not as a religious perspective but more like science. Plato was like their quantum theory. There were multiple forms of Platonism.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.