• philosophience wordpress com
    If a fundamental Truth exists I imagine it has to do with the way matter and energy have been created, or – if always existed – how and mostly why is there something rather than nothing. Or if matter exists in reality as we perceive it. In one way or another the Truth is non-human and never can be accessible to us (always as I see the whole …matter!).
    Of course there are “minor truths” here and there that humans can – often partly – obtain. Newton’s laws has served – and serves – us well, though we now know that they are only a fraction of the “cosmological Truth”. In conclusion, if there is a Truth, it cannot be other than objective, because no intelligent agent can have access within “It” in order to express a subjective opinion about “It”. https://philosophience.wordpress.com/2020/10/03/contemplations-iii-objective-and-inaccessable/
  • Outlander
    How would you classify the idea that Earth has gravity and we're all bound by it? It's a fact we can observe it- however this fact is due to more complex processes. Basically in theory it's not impossible for the Earth to lose its gravity one day and therefore said fact is no longer a fact.

That's why I consider most all aspects of reality circumstance and little more. Essentially that reality is dynamic and things can and do change not just in perspective and understanding ie. the idea of the Sun revolving around the Earth (at no point was this an actuality however by all observable understanding it did and everyone thought so) but also in large fundamental changes like in the previous example about gravity or if the Earth has a polar shift or something major that effects everything we think we know about something.

Curious as to your thoughts. Fact vs. truth vs. Truth vs. reality vs. circumstance, etc?
  • Banno
    You're simply misusing the notion of truth. There's more to doing philosophy than making up stories.
  • creativesoul
    Looks like using the forum for a free advertising campaign...
    If there is advertizing in there, I myself can not see them and surely I earn absolutely nothing. I do not care about extra money, that is why I have the simplest costfree form of wordpress. I am family phycisian in Sweden and earn very good money. I just wanted to write my thoughts in a more structured way in a blog istead of single writings here and there that would disappear. But why was that more interesting to you than the essence of what I wrote? You do not have to agree, write your opinion and I ll respect it.
    Thank you for your advice. You are very kind! I am sure you are here to learn and exchange ideas in a respectful way. Good luck!
  • creativesoul

What sort of things can be true and what makes them so?
  • Outlander

Definitely should have an admin shorten his username to the first word. Just looks spammy. Could easily post excerpts for discussion without leading to an external site.
  • PoeticUniverse
    or – if always existed – how and mostly why is there something rather than nothing.philosophience wordpress com

The 'something' is not optional, for there is something, plus 'nothing' cannot even be meant.

What is objective is what is common to all; if its degrees can vary across individuals then that aspect of it is subjective.
    Hi! It is a philosophical blog. Why looks spammy to you? It didn't look stramge to admin because they know purpose here is to talk about ideas and exchange opinions. So you can cite en excerpt från a book or an article and give the source, but whem I do this it is peculiar to you. I gave the whole text before the link so you do not have to open it. It is for those who want to read it from the original and for those who liked it and want to read more fron the writer. Think about what you wrote and consider why are you here?
    Thanks for your comment!

Then the fact is not that Earth's magnetism is unchangable but that it has the potential to change or be reversed. This is the fact. Science can not get the 100% of things but is a method that help us come as close as it gets.
  • Pop
    @Possibility

Good topic, You are saying that if a fundamental truth exists, it must be objective. lets test this.

RNA and DNA is the fundamental information creating life.
    It is a fundamental truth. Probably not what you were expecting, but relevant to the topic as this fundamental information effects all subsequent information following it.

Is it objective, or is it biased?

A bias is an aversion to be one way, and an attraction to be the opposite way. It is a very basic emotion.
    In science a bias is a systemic error.
  • tim wood
    Fundamental True Facts! God help us! Constance Wieder fwowed up!
  • SophistiCat
    You could just put a link to your blog in your profile, as others do, instead of billboarding it on your user name.
  • deletedusercb
    RNA and DNA is the fundamental information creating life.
    It is a fundamental truth.
    Pop
    RNA and DNA is a truth?

Wouldn't a truth be in words? Just as a falsehood is.
  • Pop
    Hi.

I think , the truth initially exists as information that is interpreted and then put into words.

The question is whether DNA is biased? I suppose you would ask in relation to what? It doesn't really matter what, proof of any sort of bias would do, but I was particularly wondering in relation to the questing of live or die?

Looking at the world around me, It seems DNA is overwhelmingly biased to live.
    A counter argument would be that it dose not have this choice, It was entirely determined due to external forces, in which case it is still biased, but due to external forces.

Either way it seems biased. What do you think?

A bias is not objective or reasonable information, it is affective or emotional information. Or it could be argued that it is objective and reasonable to make DNA biased to strengthen its fitness for survival.

All roads seem to lead to biased, or am I missing something?
  • TheMadFool

If truth you're after
    Doubt you must beat
    Descarte the rafter
    Cogito the only truth we'll ever meet
    In the ocean of ignorance thereafter
    rest awhile, take a seat.
  • FrancisRay
    I would agree with little of the OP. You are putting the case from an exoteric/materialist/realist standpoint.- from which standpoint you would be correct? But is the standpoint correct. I would say definitely not. You're suggesting that the knowledge claims of the mystics are false even though they cannot be falsified. I would suggest they cannot be falsified because they are grounded in knowledge. . .

We needn't argue. I'm just throwing in an idea you do not seem to have considered.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment