• Jamal
    As far as I know there hasn't been an episode of Conflicted since December, and if Aimen Dean has reacted to the air strike, I don't know what his reaction was.

If you just mean that based on the opinions he makes clear in the podcast, he would support the air strike, then I think you might be right. Dean is especially hostile to the ambitions and foreign actions of Iran, and approved of the Americans' assassination of Qasem Soleimani.
  • fishfry
    Bombs away baby. This is what got liberals dancing in the streets. And we'll be staying in Afghanistan till the cows come home. Liberals just can't get enough of this stuff ever since Hillary signed on to invading Iraq. Beats the hell out of me, I was a peacenik back in the day and still am. Or as Jimmy Dore noted: Biden bombed Syria before he got anyone covid relief.

Have a look at a leftist truthteller. Jimmy Dore supports Bernie. And peace. You know, just like you used to, before Hillary warped your sense of humanity. "You" meaning anyone who supports what Biden did today and objected when Trump did the same thing in 2018. Like Jen Psaki, who tweeted criticism of Trump's bombing of Syria on the grounds that they're a sovereign country. Guess that's no longer operative.

Now that the bloodthirsty liberals are back in power this is only the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10w4MhIEr7Q
  • Benkei
    Recalled my earlier prediction:

I had to think about this. A part of this also has to do with the face of war in these times. If we're talking about Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria then I think the first two are now low intensity conflicts (LICs) and the latter fluctuate between war and LICs with many non-state actors involved.

We see that since Obama, US presidents are capable of initiating LICs or involving themselves in existing LICs (for Trump see Yemen and Iran) without any congressional oversight. Presumably, Biden will use this option as well and will have the support of the neocons and thereby won't be challenged when doing so despite the War Powers Resolution. In a way, this seems to be answering to the fact that enemies tend to be non-state actors more regularly than State actors.

My guess is, increase of LICs in relation to the fight against terrorism and geopolitical theatres that require some measure of control because of real politik considerations.

I don't expect more convential wars because I'm not convinced that US military capabilities or budget can be stretched to support another (decades?) long occupation or at least, I don't think there's political appetite for it. Another reason I'd expect de-escalation with Iran.
    Benkei
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.