• javi2541997

Love is an abstract aspect. Someone live it others don’t. If you are living a feeling related to love congratulations because this is rare to perceive. It looks like a primary perception when you feel it. Everything looks good but love can end up hurting you a lot.
    I have not discovered love yet. But I am not searching of it yet because I do not believe in it.
  • Thinking
    It is easy I notice in this day and age for one to not believe in love because there is so little of it to be seen. Mainly due to a lack of material embodiment for Love to be preserved. I recommend creating situations that you can ignite it within yourself or change your environment to more natural settings where the people garden. The plants act as very effective embodiments of their love that are near eternal due to their ability of auto-genesis. I would like to warm your heart with my Love from a distance but I do not know you enough, for you cannot love whom you do not know...
  • Thinking
    Sadly that is mostly true but there are people. There are hundreds of thousands of them and many happen to be gardeners. I am one of them. I would like to note that not many wise men are capable of loving. In fact, many try an indifferent approach to life, and when you are indifferent it is as if you do not exist.
  • Tom Storm
    Despite all the noise and bullshit and personal failures of people, I think there is a lot of love around - certainly based on personal experience and on what I have witnessed. But many people are so cynical that they are often incredulous of anything sincere. The most bitter ones tend to deny love exists because no one must have it if they can't.
  • javi2541997

I get your point. But it sounds so positivism. I do not deny love because I don’t receive it. I just deny it because is an abstract concept created to explain weird perceptions we have about others in our life context. Call it love or whatever but it could end up being so hurtful or toxic because when you are in love with someone you are not being objective with him/her because you are acting blind because of love...
    I don’t understand what is beautiful about this.
  • Tom Storm
    I get your point too. Sometimes I think we get hung up on words and definitions when all we need to do is live and experience. Love is a poor word because it has been overused and abused and people seem to be afraid of it.
  • Thinking
    I see your point and I would like to respond to that by saying true love cannot give inspiration to annihilation. It is true that someone can "love" the wrong things at the wrong time but it isn't true love because they are not guided by their heart to love. They are guided by their carnal or selfish interests to "love" the other, which is a debasement to Love.

It is true that you would have to have a massive speed and purity in thought even just to understand a piece of what Love is and is capable of. Since love's intelligence is highly intuitional and more direct and vastly quicker than slower thinking and rationalizing. Love is, however, Rational and is possible to be understood somewhat by the mind. So it is best, if you can, to take Love as it is and experience it, live it, bathe in it if you must. For no matter how keen your mind is it is impossible to fully understand Love.

I think the fear of Love comes from the lack of some amount of understanding of it and also lack of experience,
  • javi2541997

Yes. This kind of love is flawed. Then, it also depends in which person we are talking about. Love is so abstract than there are people who will never experienced it. This is why I want to point out that probably love is like a lottery. Those who win the abstract concept of believing in love is amazing and unique.
    Probably this is the reason why I do not believe in love. I felt hurt and pain. I don’t want experience that trauma again in my life. Personal decision
  • Tom Storm
    t is true that you would have to have a massive speed and purity in thought even just to understand a piece of what Love is and is capable of. Since love's intelligence is highly intuitional and more direct and vastly quicker than slower thinking and rationalizing. Love is, however, Rational and is possible to be understood somewhat by the mind. So it is best, if you can, to take Love as it is and experience it, live it, bathe in it if you must. For no matter how keen your mind is it is impossible to fully understand Love.Thinking

That's a claim. I have no way of testing if it is correct. I can only go by what I experience and notice, problematic though that may be. Regardless, I am not making a claim that I fully understand love or even that I understand it a great deal.
  • Thinking
    It is impossible to fully understand it. To fully understand it would be to end it's experience. Completion is a cessation of motion. Likewise, I see no end to how much Love we can enjoy
  • Thinking
    Sorry if I may be difficult to understand. I will try to arrange new combinations for my words so that people like you may understand the truth a little better next time.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.