• Jamal
    Get over it, it's no big deal.
  • Thorongil
    It is now because she's a mod. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared. I didn't care as of this morning and haven't been on the forum much recently, but when I noticed that she was made a mod, sorry, but that really was too egregiously absurd a development to stay silent about.

Also, think about what you're saying. "So she didn't follow the guidelines she's now supposed to moderate and accused you of apologizing for rape, but so what, that's no big deal, get over it." In no way is that an appropriate response, but hey, I suppose you're welcome to it, owner-man.
  • Jamal
    Honestly man, just grow up and stop playing the victim. She employed rhetoric. I've done much worse. Suck it up.
  • Akanthinos
    You know a significant segment of the shoutbox is about constant flirting and we all know the dynamics of that.Meta

So.
    We went from justifying TL as a mod to simply stating she flirted her way into the role.
    I mean.
    Beyond the fact that this just expresses so well how little you know about flirting. :P
  • S
    If you think that she didn't follow the guidelines, then you should have flagged it. You can still do so. Moderators are subject to the same guidelines as regular members.
  • Thorongil
    I try very hard not to employ and to my knowledge have never employed such "rhetoric," which is commonly associated with immaturity, and yet I am accused of having failed to grow up. How ironic. And just look at the blasé way in which you admit to having falsely accused others of much worse, as if the degree to which you and others have flung around incendiary accusations justifies its occurrence. Sorry, but I refuse to engage in or condone such corrupt Internet behavior. Suck it up.
  • Jamal
    You're making a mountain out of a molehill. But okay, your refusal is noted.
  • Buxtebuddha
    Ah, yes, this forum needed yet another mentally ill, narcissistic moderator. Wunderbar!
  • Jamal
    Thanks for the support :)
  • Thorongil
    Please note that I have never flagged anyone (except unintentionally one time, when I meant to hit 'Reply') or reported anyone, so my concerns are not borne out of a peevish desire for more control. My concern is rather that some of you are not enough like me in terms of your willingness to let things slide. Unambiguous and flagrant violations of the guidelines by certain members, including especially of your own mod team, are routinely ignored, while warnings are explicitly issued to certain members whose views are only vaguely interpreted as violations, so at the very least you are hypocrites.

Maybe I will start flagging now, though I doubt it will do much good.
  • Buxtebuddha
    You're welcome. Don't worry, I'll begin jotting down how many times I insult someone on here before I myself can become a moderator.
  • Jamal
    You're on my shortlist already
  • Buxtebuddha
    Wow, that's amazing, Jamal, thanks man. I'll be sure to keep my pants off when you come over to rape me, (Y)
  • Jamal
    Some of the mods are much, much quicker to delete posts than I would be. I have no reason to think TimeLine will as zealous as those members of the staff, and I see no reason to think she will pick on anyone.
  • Buxtebuddha
    You don't think she will delete, warn, ban posters who she thinks are sexists, rape apologists, etc.? You must not have been following TimeLine's "candor" the past months.
  • Wayfarer
    this thread IS pasta salad.
  • _db
    What the hell is going on here, seriously?!
  • Streetlight
    We made TL a mod and a bunch of snowflakes are #triggered
  • Buxtebuddha
    And if Agustino or Thoro ask to be a moderator you all will be #triggered and deny his request immediately, lol.
  • Akanthinos

Well, he doesn't spend his days flirting with me in the Shoutbox, so...
  • Thorongil
    Taking just the people who've commented on this thread, I would nominate Noble Dust, BC, and Buxte as mods. However, the ultimate counterweight to the ideological and moderating proclivities of the current mod team would be Agustino. If TL is a mod I don't see why he can't be one either. So why not? If TL can be made a mod merely by asking, then surely Agu can be one by my recommending him.

Your fellow mods laugh at my and other posters' alleged "persecution complex." Okay, let's put the nail in that coffin by making Agustino a mod, and then threads like this will dry up.
  • Buxtebuddha
    So, you're saying that you want the right wingers to flirt with you so they can become mods too? :o
  • Thorongil
    An attempt at housekeeping in an increasingly shabby looking forum.
  • Akanthinos
    So, you're saying that you want the right wingers to flirt with you so they can become mods too? :oBuxtebuddha

Well, I can neither deny or lend credence to the belief that flirting with me will help you getting on the modding team. So I guess it's kinda like Pascal's wager. Do you really want to take the chance that flirting with me won't be the way to get on the modding team?
  • Jamal
    If you didn't have such a deep antipathy to this forum and the people who run it, I'd rather make you a mod. We're waiting for Agustino to ripen before we approach him. He's not quite ready.
  • Buxtebuddha
    Low quality, bannable offense that. You ought to be ashamed.

I vote darth for modship.
  • deletedmemberwy
    @Agustino should be a moderator. :D
  • Baden

I agree we should have as much diversity as possible on the mod team. I would rather have @ArguingWAristotleTiff on board next time than some of those you mentioned though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.