• Awa
    Hello,

I just thought I would begin by saying hello to everyone.

I also wanted to see if it is deemed inappropriate to request second opinions in regards to the argumentation paper I have written for a course I am currently taking.

The paper surrounds Gaulino's Perfect Island and St. Anselm's Ontological argument.

Thanks and Best Wishes
  • Michael Ossipoff

I'm just replying because no one has yet. There's nothing in the forum-guidelines against bringing up topic related to your academic course, and it seems to me that it's been done here before, with no problem.

I like the idea of the Scholastics' arguments, though:

1. I don't say "argument", because I don't regard the nature and character of Reality as a matter for assertion, argument, proof, logic or debate.

I prefer to say "discussioni".

2. The Scholastics' discussions aren't the ones that I prefer, though, as I said, I like the spirit and idea of them. They make a lot of sense to me in spirit, though they aren't what I'd say.

Michael Ossipoff
  • Baden

You can start a topic on the general issue and take a position for debate, but you can't post your paper for feedback.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.