• miguel d
    If you're interested in the philosophy of extraterrestrial civilizations this website is dedicated to Ummite (Planet Ummo) physics and metaphysics:

https://ummo-sciences.org/en/index.htm
  • Frotunes
    Extraterrestrial philosophy! Something rather interesting! Finally! Thank you. I'm going to make a mental note to explore this fascinating topic in the future.

Sorry I'm not interested in Ummite stuff though, but thank you anyways for the link.
  • miguel d
    Two excellent articles about the "UFO" and Extraterrestrial phenomenon, "The Terrestrial Emergent Matrix of Extraterrestrial Intelligence" and "The Challenge of Cosmic Perspective" are here:

www.ignaciodarnaude.com/ufologia/Chicoine,TEMETI-2.pdf
  • Pattern-chaser
    We already have philosophy that is as suited to aliens as it is to humans. It's a sad consequence of us trying to be 'objective' (unbiased) in our investigations of ourselves and the universe. Messrs Spock and Data would be quite at home with a bunch of human analytic philosophers, or sciencists.

From this you may gather it's my opinion that we need a more human-oriented philosophy. :up: :wink:
  • Theologian
    You know, I've always said that the reason I decided to study metaphysics in the first place was because I wanted to make telepathic contact with the saucer people...
  • tim wood
    philosophy of extraterrestrial civilizationsmiguel d

Does this mean willfully irrational and unreasonable?
  • Echarmion
    Does this mean willfully irrational and unreasonable?tim wood

No, you're thinking of the terrestrial civilizations.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.