• schopenhauer1
    The unstated and fiercely defensive belief we are on a mission to bring a way of life and belief system into existence and perpetuate it in perpetuity for it's own sake.
  • TheMadFool
    The unstated and fiercely defensive belief we are on a mission to bring a way of life and belief system into existence and perpetuate it in perpetuity for it's own sake.schopenhauer1

The trend will depend
    on the size/place of the window opened

like a roller coaster
    sometimes higher

but also down
    yet I sense no frown

because everyone knows
    highs come with lows

trend there is none
    truth old as the sun

poetic license
    don't light an incense
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    The unstated and fiercely defensive belief we are on a mission to bring a way of life and belief system into existence and perpetuate it in perpetuity for it's own sake.schopenhauer1

Yeah and?
    Do you perceive this trend as a good thing?
  • TheMadFool

It's strange how the whole trend-thing works. I see trends as memes coming into existence in the minds of few and then getting the right amount of exposure followed by its spread in the global community. Usually it's "good" memes that multiply in a population but the way this happens is not random but also devoid of an control mechanism. Do you think that trends can be controlled in a meaningful way so that we may own as ours or are trends more viral in nature - spreading among the population without any direction or rationale?
  • schopenhauer1
    Yeah and?
    Do you perceive this trend as a good thing?
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

No.. What is wrong with non-existence? Why does a way of life need to be perpetuated? Does it always go back to how parents/progenitors of the culture "feel" about seeing others follow a way of life?
  • schopenhauer1
    Do you think that trends can be controlled in a meaningful way so that we may own as ours or are trends more viral in nature - spreading among the population without any direction or rationale?TheMadFool

The trend in this case is to create people.
  • Noble Dust

Can I ask your marital status?
  • S
    :yawn:
  • schopenhauer1
    Can I ask your marital status?Noble Dust

Don't answer that stuff. Why would it matter though?
  • schopenhauer1
    :yawn:S

Oh thank god you've been tranqualized.
  • S
    :lol: :point:
  • frank
    That's a barred owl. At around 4 in the morning the say: "Who cooks for you?"
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.