• Shawn
    As of recent I have become obsessed with the concept of communication with respect to differing categories of thought. I have a couple of profound theories of what begins to happen to a group of people who are able to communicate more expressively and efficiently.

Namely, they become inclusive and begin engaging in sociable behavior that reinforces their environment arising due to their new mode of communication.

I have two examples of groups of people that engage in this form of logically constructed behavior through a fundamentally profound enhancement of a sense of brotherhood and love. One example are the greatest beings that humanity has ever produced being Freemasons. The other is the most important branch of humanity that has ever arisen and never ceases to function, being the military and arising similar entities around them, such as the military industrial complex. And, Homeland Security.

These two groups should be analyzed somewhat in my opinion.

What are your thoughts?
  • schopenhauer1

I think people need to learn how to communicate more constructively in general. This forum would do better from it. So much communication here reminds me of a cliched movie of overly privileged private school educated school boys trying to one-up each other in quips, innuendo, and put downs. It's quite exhausting when one just wants a constructive conversation. People don't know how to handle disagreement well.
  • Shawn
    I have some small thing to mention about this matter. When a person becomes so susceptible to a strong confidence factor towards the display of the Sapir-Whorff effect in communication, then survival rises, economics prospers, longevity increases, and so many other societal factors become enhanced, that the analysis itself is so incredibly longitudinal and multi-inter-disciplinary, that I am reaching out for some other points of view on the matter, and would appreciate any new input on the topic.

Thanks.
  • schopenhauer1

Neologisms stabilize in order to better communicate concepts in shorthand. Interestingly, in groups, neologisms could be dogwhistles in order to have other people in the group understand implications that are not at face-value to those not in the group.
  • Shawn
    I came.

How to understand such a neologism?
  • believenothing
    peeps, i didn't read all of this thread but consider my ditty as i penned it a few days ago...
    'If only we could learn to be in harmony remaining free, with words so kind they form a bind to heal our minds so we unwind. To make it clear and never fear while danger's near to me you're dear. In love we trust, it is a must and never lust to be unjust.'
  • Pantagruel
    As of recent I have become obsessed with the concept of communication with respect to differing categories of thought. I have a couple of profound theories of what begins to happen to a group of people who are able to communicate more expressively and efficiently.Shawn

It stands to reason that, to accomplish anything collectively, we have to agree upon it. More precisely, the extent of our collective abilities will correspond to the extent of our collective agreement and understanding. And of course motivation is an integral part of that, especially as it relates to openness versus concealment, shared versus hidden agendas, etc. Relatively speaking, insects are far more effective at wielding their collective might than humans. Perhaps we suffer from an overabundance of ego?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.