• NOS4A2

I was comparing his haters to a poisonous snake, in this case those who signal their virtue by wishing death on the president.
  • Pfhorrest
    I honestly can't tell if you all are joking or actually serious. I'm hoping for the former.Tzeentch

I for one can separate my feelings from my rational decision-making. I enjoy hearing about Trump getting sick the way I enjoy a villain in fiction being hoisted by their own petard. It makes me smile and laugh. Those are my feelings and I didn’t choose them, though neither do I feel guilty for them.

But I don’t actually think he ought to suffer or die, because nobody ought to. If I were in a position to be caring for him medically I would do everything I could to help him recover. I do hope that his illness will somehow have a positive impact on the election and so consequentially be a good thing, but his suffering in and of itself is not a good thing even in that scenario.
  • Mayor of Simpleton

Considering that moral values in the all too Randian USA are determined by pure economic factors, these elderly and the actual 'virtually nobodies' are simply worthless and cost intensive commodities; thus Covid-19 seems to be a solution to a very American problem.

Kind of reminds me of this scene:https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1216590873
  • NOS4A2
    Commies not welcome. Ruin your own country.

SUBJECT: Inadmissibility Based on Membership in a Totalitarian Party

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is issuing policy guidance in the USCIS Policy Manual to address inadmissibility based on membership in or affiliation with the Communist or any other totalitarian party.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/policy-manual-updates/20201002-PartyMembership.pdf
  • Maw
    This handwringing is incredible.
  • Maw
    Apparently the administration knew Trump had tested positive for Covid at least a full day before the official announcement and tried to hid it until his symptoms became overt. During this time he had attended a rally in which he potentially infected more people
  • Streetlight
    He's draining the swamp.
  • Mikie
    Biden's corporate trash and the idea he and his party might stand as any kind of bulwark against climate change is wishful thinking in the extreme.StreetlightX

I don't think it's probable that anything necessary (revolutionary) gets passed, but we have to try to push them to. If we give up, it guarantees nothing gets done.
  • Mikie

Yes indeed. Well said.
  • Pfhorrest
    If we give up, it guarantees nothing gets done.Xtrix

Hey look, it’s the founding principle of my entire philosophical system.
  • Mikie
    The reason we should drop talk of "doom" is that it isn't based on science. When that's the primary message coming from climate change acceptors, it undermines their cause. The climate is changing. We will change with it.frank

Compete nonsense. You haven't been paying attention. And it's exactly this kind of attitude which will accelerate the problem. True, maybe some kind of human existence can survive...is that an argument?

And yes, the US is the world leader. What it does matters enormously on the world stage. That includes climate change.
  • praxis
    Considering that moral values in the all too Randian USA are determined by pure economic factors, these elderly and the actual 'virtually nobodies' are simply worthless and cost intensive commodities; thus Covid-19 seems to be a solution to a very American problem.Mayor of Simpleton

We could honor the fallen as hero’s but for the well known sentiment that those who die for their country economy are losers and suckers.
  • Mikie
    But I don’t actually think he ought to suffer or die, because nobody ought to.Pfhorrest

I have to say, I'm more in favor of him dying. I don't care whether he suffers. Sounds terrible, yes, but from my point of view it would (possibly) benefit the future of the human species. I feel the same way about Americans who continually vote for him - their dying off is a good thing in general.
  • Streetlight
    If we give upXtrix

To 'give up' on Biden and his cronies is not to 'give up', unless your horizon of action is as narrow as a prick.
  • Michael

I wonder who the anonymous source is? It's a mystery.
  • Mikie
    To 'give up' on Biden and his cronies is not to 'give up', unless your horizon of action is as narrow as a prick.StreetlightX

Yes, it is giving up. No matter how much I dislike Biden, if we don't continue to push for legislation, we're guaranteeing nothing happens. This is true for any administration.

It's an easy position to take - this way we can look superior from behind our computers while doing no work, like most political hobbyists. You're welcome to it.
  • Streetlight
    Narrow as a prick it is then.
  • BitconnectCarlos
    I have to say, I'm more in favor of him dying. I don't care whether he suffers. Sounds terrible, yes, but from my point of view it would (possibly) benefit the future of the human species. I feel the same way about Americans who continually vote for him - their dying off is a good thing in general.Xtrix

You might as well support offing the libertarians as well you wouldn't want those kind of ideas floating around.
  • Mikie

You've demonstrated, over and over again, that you really don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Use your super-edgy, adolescent cynicism on someone else. Or better yet, keep your mouth shut.
  • Mikie

I'm not suggesting killing anyone.
  • Streetlight
    Or what? You gonna vote on it?
  • Streetlight
    Ah sleeping. About as much good as expecting Biden to do shit I guess.
  • BitconnectCarlos
    I'm not suggesting killing anyone.Xtrix

Sure, you just want them to die and don't care if they suffer or not - understood. After all it's for the good of humanity.
  • Mikie

No, I don't care if Trump suffers. I prefer it if others didn't suffer.
  • Mikie
    Ah sleeping. About as much good as expecting Biden to do shit I guess.StreetlightX

We should all do what you do: write like an angsty teenager on a philosophy forum. I.e., nothing.

Dime a dozen. :yawn:
  • praxis
    It would be a classic ending for Trump to die of covid, in ‘a trickster eventually gets caught in their own net’ kinda way.
  • Streetlight
    It'd be the best season ending.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.