• Hillary
    I don't know that, you were introduced as a 35yo woman.Nickolasgaspar

Yes! A 35 year old WonderMan, a Wo-man!

Now the rest of your comment has nothing to do with your ignorant claim under the the artifact "in the name science"Nickolasgaspar

In the name of science, telescopes are pointed at the sky, smaller and smaller particles with higher an higher energies smashed into each other, and in between these two scales nature is tortured and interrogated with ever increasingly brighter and by now burning searching lights of the Enlightenment. Because of this seemingly never-ending enterprise (ironically called "progress"), nature gets fucked more and more, and increasingly unbalanced, leading to an armageddon compared to which the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah shrinks into insignificance.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    In the name of science, telescopes are pointed at the sky, smaller and smaller particles with higher an higher energies smashed into each other, and in between these two scales nature is tortured and interrogated with ever increasingly brighter and by now searching lights of the Enlightenment. Because of this seemingly never-ending enterprise (ironically called "progress"), nature gets fucked more and more, and increasingly unbalanced, leading to an armageddon compared to which the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah shrink into insignificanceHillary
    .......bla bla bla bla...thus god ...right? lol
  • Hillary
    ..bla bla bla bla...thus god ...right? lolNickolasgaspar

Yeah, it were these crazy human gods, jealous of all the other god species and their own species alike.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Why Feynman didn't think of that! He wasn't as cleaver as you are.
  • Hillary
    Why Feynman didn't think of that! He wasn't as cleaver as you are.Nickolasgaspar

Feynman was only joking, surely... Look here Nickolas, humanity has come to the terrible point that personal relations are based on coming to know each other. "I like to know you...". WTF?
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Feynman was only joking, surely... Look here Nickolas, humanity has come to the terrible point that personal relations are based on coming to know each other. "I like to know you...". WTF?Hillary
    .......bla bla bla...thus god.....lol
  • Hillary
    .....bla bla bla...thus god.....lolNickolasgaspar

That's the lol fallacy, dear Nickolast! :lol:
  • Nickolasgaspar

-"That's the lol fallacy," bla bla...thus god...right?
  • Hillary

Qpa!!
    The Nickolast logic fallacy

If we blah blah and iff blah blah is blah blah, the blah blah can't logically blah blah blah. Hencs gods are non-blah blah.

That's the lol fallacy," bla bla...thus god...right?Nickolasgaspar

Right! :lol:
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Where are you from Mr Hillary?What is your level of education? Were you raised in a religious house?
  • SpaceDweller
    -"morally superior to whom? "
    -to the god of the bible...
    Nickolasgaspar

Then why don't you lay down your life for all of us in the name of moral perfection? if you're morally superior.
    It shouldn't be that hard.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    I am morally superior to any god who promotes slavery, genocides, gender and social inequality, eternal punishment for finite crimes, who accuses his creations for his screwups for not foreseeing how scarce and competitive environments enable bad behavior, human sacrifice, bigotry.
    I am not just far more moral than you made up god, I am also far more educated to know human biology and behavior.
    So when the time comes he will be in a big trouble. He will have to give answers for his stupidity, his immorality and his ignorance to me.....
  • Hillary
    Where are you from Mr Hillary?What is your level of education? Were you raised in a religious house?Nickolasgaspar

Closer than you think. Ischia-Amsterdam. Physics master. Raised in a modern areligeous house. :love:
  • Hillary
    Was that you by any chance???Nickolasgaspar

No way. I'm a good looking Italian...
  • universeness
    -No you didn't, you referred to the credence of the claim....not your certainty., at least be honest when one can point directly to what you wroteNickolasgaspar

Well, I tried. You obfuscate and employ sophistry, you are the type of atheist that atheism could do without as you are a dishonest individual.
    You are Nickerless gasbag, Mr Minutia, a dishonest pompous ass who tries to hide behind such cry's from his cradle as 'ad hominem.' :down: :vomit:
  • universeness
    The Cosmos knows that and he will force god to do some heavy explanation...Nickolasgaspar

An athiest, who anthropomorphises the Cosmos and even gives it a gender.
    You suggest a god called Cosmos! :roll:
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Closer than you think. Ischia-Amsterdam. Physics master. Raised in a modern areligeous house.Hillary

So what went wrong????
  • Hillary
    So what went wrong????Nickolasgaspar

I got involved discussing with you! :lol:
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Well, I tried. You obfuscate and employ sophistry,universeness

So I just copy pasted your initial comment on the "credency of the claim) and compared it to your new "certainty" excuse....but you think you are in a position to accuse people for sophistry and dishonesty????
    or is this a public self critique of yours?

-"You are Nickerless gasbag, Mr Minutia, a dishonest pompous ass who tries to hide behind such cry's from his cradle as 'ad hominem."
    -Since you are the only one who uses ad hominems....we already know who is the dishonest sophist and who isn't....
  • universeness
    What about all life killed in the name of science, the atom bomb, the knowledge terrorists possess to create bombs, the airplanes used in 9/11?Hillary

Would you have preferred the death of many more American soldiers and goodness knows how many Japanese civilians during a full invasion of the Japanese mainlands. The evidence from the time suggests that the Japanese would not have surrendered easily.
    Look how stubborn they were on places like Iwo Jima. Look at the Kamikaze attitude etc?

Some animals have been sacrificed in the name of science, yes But probably no fewer than those sacrificed to gods. Humans have also been sacrificed to gods. Which conflation are you suggesting for 'human sacrifice to science?' Nazi-style medical experimentation? Surely you don't blame the invention of the gun or the scalpel for how some humans choose to employ such.
    I don't blame god or Islam for the theist crazies who perpetrated 9/11 in the same way as I dont blame guns and bullets for killing people. People kill people, HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE! not god(s) or science.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    An athiest, who anthropomorphises the Cosmos and even gives it a gender.
    You suggest a god called Cosmos! :roll:
    universeness
    Yes I did! I made up, out of thin air, a god that is more powerful than the made up god of that theist.
    The technique is called an Ad Absurdum argument and it is used to expose the absurdity of a claim....but how would you know...right!?
  • Hillary
    Would you have preferred the death of many more American soldiers and goodness knows how many Japanese civilians during a full invasion of the Japanese mainlands. The evidence from the time suggests that the Japanese would not have surrendered easily.
    Look how stubborn they were on places like Iwo Jima. Look at the Kamikaze attitude etc?
    universeness

Weel, I actually had the nuclear tests in mind and their effects. And the development of even bigger thermonuclear devices with 3000 times the destructive power of the two thrown.

Considering test animals:

"Each year inside British laboratories, around 4 million animals are experimented on. Every 8 seconds, one animal dies. Cats, dogs, rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, monkeys and other animals are used to test new products, to study human disease and in the development of new drugs."

"Only a small proportion of countries collect and publish data concerning their use of animals for testing and research, but it is estimated that more than 115 million animals—including mice, rats, birds, fish, rabbits, guinea pigs, farm animals, dogs, cats, and non-human primates—are used and/or killed in laboratory ..."

And what about all extinct species or the animals killed in the atomic bomb tests...

People kill people, HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE! not god(s) or science.universeness

But with what do they kill...?
  • Hillary
    The technique is called an Ad Absurdum argument and it is used to expose the absurdity of a claim....but how would you know...right!?Nickolasgaspar

You are just a theist role playing. You love it if arguments against atheism are set up!
  • Hillary
    Some animals have been sacrificed in the name of science, yes But probably no fewer than those sacrificed to gods.universeness

No fewer indeed. Many more.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Would you have preferred the death of many more American soldiers and goodness knows how many Japanese civilians during a full invasion of the Japanese mainlands. The evidence from the time suggests that the Japanese would not have surrendered easily.universeness

Anyone would prefer that over the death of civilians. Don't try to sugarcoat a war crime.
    IT was a terrorist act by all standards.
    The Japanese would not have surrendered easily because this is what nations do when they are in war. Japan was an imperialistic threat like the US and Russia are till to this day, but the answer is not to bomb cities with civilians in them.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    So when did your divorce with reason happen?
  • universeness
    Since you are the only one who uses ad hominems....we already know who is the dishonest sophist and who isn't...Nickolasgaspar

That's the best you can do? Panto exchange? You're the problem, oh no I'm not, oh yes you are!
    Boring, pointless and meaningless but what I expect from your like. It's the last toilet characters like you run to for desperate protective shelter (no doubt one of your own inFerior designs).
    I suppose it takes two to panto but I don't panto so.......
  • Nickolasgaspar
    You are just a theist role playing. You love it if arguments against atheism are set up!Hillary

So not being able to reason is not the only issue you have...you can't even read.
    The dude accepts an immoral made up god. As a far more moral agent I have the moral ground to judge this imaginary being and I use the Cosmos (existence) to authorize my judgment and punishment of this god.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    That's the best you can do?universeness

I don't have to do anything...Your comments do all the work for me.
    I exposed your ignorance on how Statistical Probabilities work.
    You are trying to hide the damage your claim did to your credibility and image...but without success.
    Look at the positive side...at least you learned how we calculate probabilities....and you learned the use of an Ad Absurdum argument.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.