• Thinker
    I identify with the darthbarracuda school of philosophy, I think - maybe.
    — Thinker

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    darthbarracuda

Only on Tuesday - is today Tuesday?
  • Hanover
    Instead of tattooing it, I'd get it tagged on my ear like they do to cows. It's easier to see.
  • Wosret

Lol, I misspelled calve. I learned most of everything I know from audio lectures and audio books over the years while working eh, I'm not the greatest in print. Glad that I have the spell checker.
  • Terrapin Station
    For a number of those I had to give "the closest wrong answer" . . . And doing that, the quIz has me as being an epicurean.

I wouldn't normally describe myself as an epicurean. But I'd not normally say that I belong to any school per se. My views are idiosyncratic in combination, and even my favorite philosophers I disagree with more often than I agree with them.

However, if I had to give a handful of folks that I'm most similar to, it would be the philosophers listed in my profile as my favorites: Russell, Quine, Hume, Socrates, Davidson, Searle, Reichenbach, Mach, Nozick, Ayer, Feyerabend, Achille Varzi, Foucault, Santayana

Maybe I should include Moore in that, too, as I'm similar to him in disposition in a couple ways, but I doubt include him because I more strongly disagree with some of the views he's best known for.
  • BlueBanana

Faced the same trouble.

I got humanism as my result from the quiz, but I'm not quite sure of that. I suppose the poll asked for the test result instead of the answerer's own opinion?
  • Ciceronianus
    Pragmatic Stoicism.
  • S
    I got hedonism. Not surprised much, given my answers. I wouldn't describe myself as a hedonist, except quite loosely. Anyone else get this or am I the only one so far? I see that I'm presently the only one on the poll for hedonism. Interesting.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.