• Hanover
    I had a miniature schnauzer who bit everyone, including me. I really liked that dog. He took no shit. People would ask if he bit, and I'd say, "oh yeah, he'll bite," and then they'd try to pet him, and they'd get bit. I mean, why ask if you're not going to believe me?

I also had a Shetland Sheepdog, which is basically a miniature collie. He was a pretty good dog, but he was pretty timid and would pull on the curtains when it thundered.

I've had a few other dogs as well. My favorite dog is my cat, which, technically speaking, isn't actually a dog. She's really nice until she's not. You can sort of tell when she's tired of being petted, but not always, so you can expect a scratch every now and then. I like that about her. She takes no shit.

I want to get a boxer and name him Cassius after Mohammad Ali. I think the name would be cooler than actually having the dog, so I've held off for a bit.

Yeah, good chat.
  • Wosret
    My parents raised German short haired pointers when I was a kid (I once got expelled from school after being sent to the guidance councilor and disagreeing with her about a poster of a Dog on her wall clearly not being a lab, but a weimaraner), my Dad used to train them for hunting too. He trained them on verbal commands, gestures, and also the whistle.

I like Dogs and everything, but even cats want more of my attention than I'm usually willing to give them. When I talk to someone for too long, but cat will start attacking them. I think that they feel there to be an unfair distribution of my attention... but there's plenty of me to go around.
  • Michael
    I had a miniature schnauzer who bit everyone, including me.Hanover

But not me, so not everyone.

I want to get a boxer and name him Cassius after Mohammad Ali. I think the name would be cooler than actually having the dog, so I've held off for a bit.

You can get a boxer without getting a dog.
  • S
    You can get a dog, put it in a box, then throw the box off of a tall building.
  • Wosret

That would make you the boxer.
  • S
    A boxer of boxers, but when I tell people that, for some strange reason, they expect me to be good at punching people, and are horrified when I explain.
  • Hanover
    If I get two, would I have boxen?
  • TimeLine
    All collie breeds are beautiful, exact temperaments that I like in dogs; protective, gentle, and loyal but still active and fun to hang out with. Eliott hardly moves. :-} I also got the chance to hang out with a Kelpie when I was younger in the country, but it wasn't long. When I get out of this place where I have a backyard, ill consider a rough collie.
  • Hanover
    But not me, so not everyone.Michael

There are 3 possibilities:

(1) You are not part of everyone
    (2) My dog did in fact bite you
    (3) My statement was incorrect

There is therefore a 67% (2/3) chance that my statement was correct. That's how it works.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    There is therefore a 67% (2/3) chance that my statement was correct. That's how it works.Hanover

Does it always have to come down to numbers?
  • BlueBanana
    Excuse me, what is this thread?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Excuse me, what is this thread?BlueBanana

Nothing to see here. 8-)
  • BlueBanana
    I don't think so 8-) 8-)
  • TimeLine
    Make a statement when no one attached to this thread is on the forum so that it may go unnoticed and ill have the last word.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Make a statement when no one attached to this thread is on the forum so that it may go unnoticed and ill have the last word.TimeLine

It's been tried but there are a few folks that have been playing this game with Hanover for over a decade so it can be tried but not likely to succeed.
    Speaking of succession: I have it noted in my living will that a representative of me will continue posting on this one thread, long after I have gone to the after 'thinkers' sandbox.
    Face it, I win and that is the last word.
  • Hanover
    My feet and my dog on a Friday afternoon. Enjoy.hnmkh9p0msz9579a.jpg
  • Hanover
    What does Hamburger Helper look like with peas and carrots added to the mix? jkd0ld8d7jmf9odk.jpg
  • Hanover
    If you guys have a request, please let me know. I'll see what I can do.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Love the place, could feel very much at home, until I saw the chow and I do hope that is Fido's plate because that looks well.....is there a Pizza place that delivers in Atlanta?
  • TimeLine
    My place is better than yours. Try to guess my favorite books on the mantel.
  • TimeLine

As they say, keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer. I always win in the end.

Besides, it is school holidays so I will be getting paid to do no work and I am heading out to Hawaii in a few weeks so I don't want to spend money. I have a'plenty of time on my hands to ensure Hanover gives up to the sheer power of me.
  • Hanover
    I'm in the burbs. There's a pizza delivery store every 10 feet.
  • Hanover
    My place is better than yours. Try to guess my favourite books on the mantel.TimeLine

The Catcher in the Rye
  • Hanover
    I have a'plenty of time on my hands to ensure Hanover gives up to the sheer power of me; all I will need to do is find what people hate the most before using it against them.TimeLine
    The tension growing between us is palpable.
  • BC
    Are you a woman or a weapon?
  • BC
    It would appear that your tchotchkes are about to fall of the shelf. Better move them before Hanover's cat gets to them. Oh oh -- an empty bed.

• Hanover
    God damn foot splinter.
  • TimeLine
    That's in a box in storage.

On a side note, was that a picture of your dinner or your cats? Just checking.
  • TimeLine
    She has a painfully annoying voice. And hey, my bed may be empty of a smelly man, but it is heated, has twinkle lights and the softest blankets that I feel like a cat myself.

A woman, by the way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.