• kris22
    Hi

I have a question:
    Do you know any definitions of everything? You can give your own or you know by some philosopher. Is that what it was, what is it, what will it be and what could it be? Or maybe it's something else?
  • Reformed Nihilist
    Definitions aren't the specialty of philosophy. For definitions, you should turn to a lexicographer.

If philosophy has taught me anything, it's that not everything that looks like a question and feels like a question and seems like a question is actually a question. I know you aren't asking for a link to merriam-webster.com, so what is it really that you think you're asking for? What are you trying to determine?
  • Meta
    I think "everything" doesn't have a logical definition. Like in mathematics you can define "everything" within a system with the equation x=x (at least in first order systems). But there will always be objects outside the system.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.