• Shawn
    Sorry to bother the mods or administrators; but, ever since ChatGPT came out I heard whispers that forum databases are being sold. So, the information from forum databases can be utilized for large data training models from what I minutely understand.

Is this forum safe from this new trend?

Thanks.
  • Shawn
    I tried reading the terms of service (TOS) at the left hand side of the site, and from what I understand PlushForums and the location of this server is located in Ireland. So, from what I understand Irish laws are pretty strict about the content of this forum.

The only reason I bring this up is because there's another forum that harvests posts of users for profit (which I wont identify). Forum content on a database can be worth a lot.

Sorry for the hassle for asking this.
  • Vera Mont
    Forum content on a database can be worth a lot.Shawn
    To whom? What for? I've never heard of this before. If you know more, please tell.
  • Banno
    Your immortal soul is indentured to @Jamal for eternity on posting.
  • Vera Mont

that's fine, as long as he's not making a profit.
  • Shawn

All I can say is that I doubt it's happening here. Servers located in the US for forums can do this as much as they want...
  • Wayfarer
    Forum content on a database can be worth a lot.Shawn

Really? Where do I sell?

In any case, once it's posted, it's published, to all intents and purposes, in that anyone can read the posts here, even if only registered members can enter them.
  • Michael
    Well, this is a publicly visible forum so nothing stops ChatGPT from visiting the website and copying what shows on the page.

It's possible to stop this by creating a robots.txt file that tells ChatGPT that it's not allowed to visit, but PlushForums doesn't provide such a file.

As for the raw database, the PlushForums FAQ says "we do not sell or share your data with any third parties."
  • Jamal
    What @Michael said.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    My posts are invaluable... so good luck trying to get money for them.
  • RogueAI
    I like the idea I'm molding future versions of Ai's. Maybe idealism will get a boost.
  • Vera Mont
    And they'll write better stories.
  • javi2541997
    I would feel very ashamed of myself if ChatGPT had access to read my posts with poor grammatical skills.
  • Ludwig V
    I would feel very ashamed of myself if ChatGPT had access to read my posts with poor grammatical skills.javi2541997

It has occurred to me to wonder why anyone trains these machines on text that has not been vetted for grammatical and other errors. (My bugbear is typos). The results could be, let's say, interesting.

Just another reason for treating their output with immense caution.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment