• javi2541997
    Perhaps the quality would have been improved if there had been limits.Leontiskos
    In an ideal world the poster of a thread would be able to determine the posting limit within their thread,Leontiskos

Fair enough. I guess those limitations will increase from time to time. First, the 15-minute span, and maybe later you would allow answering to only users you like. That’s your ‘ideal’ world. I only hope the administrators don’t take you seriously, and fortunately the software on this site doesn’t allow such an amount of crank.
  • Leontiskos
    I guess those limitations will increase from time to time. First, the 15-minute span, and maybe later you would allow answering to only users you like. That’s your ‘ideal’ world.javi2541997

I do end up ignoring users who can't drum up anything more than shoddy strawmen, actually.

It was wise of you to cut off that sentence after the comma, and characteristically disingenuous:

In an ideal world the poster of a thread would be able to determine the posting limit within their thread, and perhaps a user would be able to determine their own posting limit generally, with it being publicly displayed so that others are aware of their limitations.Leontiskos
  • javi2541997
    I do end up ignoring users who can't drum up anything more than shoddy strawmen, actually.Leontiskos

I am aware of how you will perceive me from now on. It is that simple to ignore me (and other users like me) without the unnecessary extra effort to change the rules of this site from its roots.
  • Leontiskos
    - You have demonstrated my point most effectively with your brazen misrepresentations and lack of desire to even understand what is being said.

My post was only offered as an idea. The complacent do not like change, and some are clearly hostile to it. The site runs well. It could get worse; it could be better. But there is nothing to be gained by hostile complacency.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.