• javi2541997
    Well, at least you don't deny Jesus' existence, and that's enough for me. You can be against religion or what Christianity represents. But I think we all should accept that Jesus of Nazareth was a normal existing person, and this statement is sadly banned by the Church. 

Kazantzakis (as @Tom Storm pointed out) wrote clever paragraphs regarding this, and what could happen in real life rather in the story written in the Gospels.

The film directed by Scorsese is pretty good too. There are a bit of differences with the novel, but this scene blew my mind: Jesus is seeing himself on the cross but randomly disappears, and the cross is there empty, but the crowd is still yelling. A little girl takes the hand of Jesus and says: Leave them alone in their dream. Don't worry. Now, I will show you what really happened with your life...
  • Nils Loc
    I'd be afraid to tell humans that they are the children of God (my children), for fear of what that privilege entails in their own minds.

Whereas Adam and Eve were caste out of the garden for a transgression they didn't understand, some new great reversal might occur by putting up a sign on my (God's) basement door that reads: "Do Not Enter!"

Do you dare go into the basement? That odd smell coming from the basement is a sign that you should not go in there. It's locked, you can't get in. Don't try. You're not allowed in the basement. You wouldn't understand what you see there anyway. It's nothing. Don't worry about it.

Under no circumstances are you permitted to go into the basement. There will be consequences if you do.

Indubitably, you will copy me (God) as soon as you see what I'm doing in the basement. So stay out!

You can't be God if I am God. Duh!
  • Vera Mont
    I always tell the protagonist in a horror movie or thriller to stay the hell out of that basement; I yell and swear at them, but they never listen. God probably feels the same way sometimes.
  • Nils Loc
    I always tell the protagonist in a horror movie or thriller to stay the hell out of that basement; I yell and swear at them, but they never listen. God probably feels the same way sometimes.Vera Mont

God wouldn't get to watch the dramatic unfoldment by his own (atrocious) desire if no one comes around to open the basement door. Someone will always open the basement door. You can count on it.

Having just watched Robert Eggers The Lighthouse, after learning he is reviving the cinematic tale of Nosferatu, the horror fantasy influence is too much on my mind. Halloween is going to last until the very end of this year what with the scary election in Nov and the cult of the skin wearing orange man. Will we survive?

"My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?" :death:
  • Vera Mont
    Someone will always open the basement door. You can count on it.Nils Loc
    So frickin' true! What a species!
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.