• Athena
    I was wrong to think the advanced child credits would hurt people with housing assistance, so I am deleting what I said.

There are other government insanities but none that move me to write of them. I will just enjoy knowing I was wrong.
  • TheMadFool
    Last night I had a revelation of sorts - nations when they engage in so-called politics, their conduct mirrors how people, as individuals, interact with one another (the posturing, the dialogs, the lies, the pretensions, the back-stabbing, the compromise, the quarrels, the fights, and so on).

I have a particularly low opinion of politics and, as advised by an old friend, tried my best to stay away from any discussion on politics, failing, as it were, to realize I was always up to my ears immersed in it.

It was a Darwinian moment for me - I came to know I was, despite what I've been telling myself (I'm not an animal), a (political) animal after all.

The insanity, as far as I was concerned, was not the politics but how convinced I was that I was not involved in any politics. Delusional!
  • Athena
    Last night I had a revelation of sorts - nations when they engage in so-called politics, their conduct mirrors how people, as individuals, interact with one another (the posturing, the dialogs, the lies, the pretensions, the back-stabbing, the compromise, the quarrels, the fights, and so on).

I have a particularly low opinion of politics and, as advised by an old friend, tried my best to stay away from any discussion on politics, failing, as it were, to realize I was always up to my ears immersed in it.

It was a Darwinian moment for me - I came to know I was, despite what I've been telling myself (I'm not an animal), a (political) animal after all.

The insanity, as far as I was concerned, was not the politics but how convinced I was that I was not involved in any politics. Delusional!
    TheMadFool

Until I start arguing against what you said, I was not aware of how political I have been. I wanted to say I was a domestic woman and taking care of my family was all I could do. But then memories of what I have done began flooding in. I did a lot of volunteer work and really enjoyed sitting on policy-making committees. I have gotten signatures on initiatives, and stuffed envelopes. I organized homeless men to call attention to the homeless problem and joined Grandparents for Family Justice and we got the state's Children's Services policy radically changed. I have testified in public hearings at the city, county, and state levels, communicated with representatives, and wrote many, many letters to the editor. Now I am on the internet trying to raise awareness of democracy being rule by reason.

My poor daughter just wanted a "normal mother". :lol: But in her later years she has become sympathetic of how tortured I feel when I think something is wrong and needs to be changed. She is a bureaucrat now and helped me get the information I needed in this latest upsetting bout with government and I learned I was wrong and nothing needs to be changed this time. I am so proud of her. She stays cool and that usually means better thinking than what happens to me when I think something needs to be changed. Instant Chicken Little running around crying the sky is falling.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.