• pfirefry
    Hello! I'm new here. Here is my dumb newbie question. Can forum members edit their own comments?

I was searching for a way to edit the comments that I posted, but I could only see the 'reply' and 'share' buttons. I also searched for previous questions about how to edit messages, but to my surprise I didn't find anything. Is it one of the temporary newbie restrictions?

I was just writing a comment in a separate thread and I accidentally posted it unfinished. Luckily, it was 98% done, and only the last sentence was incomplete. That comment has gone to moderation, and now I'm unable to access or edit it for some time.

I don't mind moderation. What worries me is that I won't be able to edit my unfinished post after (and if) it gets approved. I also don't have permission to message people directly, hence this post. :grin:

(FWIW the mods are doing incredible job reviewing all newbie messages, given the number of people who join the forum on a daily basis. All of my comments have been approved very promptly so far. Kudos to the mods! :clap: )
  • pfirefry
    Update: this seems to be a newbie restriction, which goes away after posting 5 times. Now I can edit my comments, yay!
  • Book273
    Welcome to the forum!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.