• creativesoul
    Yup. That's the one...
  • Shawn
    Things are getting more and more interesting.
  • creativesoul
    Aren't they?

This is beginning to make Watergate look like a petty crime...
  • Shawn
    This is beginning to make Watergate look like a petty crime...creativesoul

Oh, if we had the tapes that were available under Watergate, this whole thing would be over in no time. At least Mueller is doing a tedious job. Just hope Trump doesn't resign before then.
  • creativesoul
    Trump won't resign. He could be prosecuted then.
  • Shawn
    Trump won't resign. He could be prosecuted then.creativesoul

Hah, serves him right!
  • creativesoul
    Ah...

I find it unacceptable to cheer about the fall of anyone.

That is not to say that the world would not be a better place if lots of folk fell. Rather, it is to know that we all have no real choice in either our own cognitive ability or our first worldview...
  • Shawn
    The truth has been spoken.
  • Wayfarer
    From where I sit, I think there have hardly been any major Trump fiascos since the Charlottesville fiasco. And that, I take to be the doing of General John. He's got a tight leash, not on Trump - nobody does that - but on those around him, who fan the flames, whisper in his ear, and try and influence his thinking (which is not difficult). The latest Trump news is his deal with the Dems, which is actually (swallows hard) a Good Thing. But at any rate, the constant barrage of unforced errors seems to have abated somewhat.
  • Michael
    Still sticking to this? Things aren't looking good for Manafort.
  • Michael
    First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Guess he found something. Must be Manafort.
  • Wayfarer
    Pleased to see my post above was accurate for about .0003 milliseconds.
  • Wayfarer
    Today, on the eve of eventual action, Trump is frantically tweeting that it's Crooked Hillary that ought to be investigated, that the Russia Investigation is all a conspiracy between the Fake News and Enemies of the State to stop Trump Making America Great.

The troubling this is that (a) Trump clearly believes he is above the law and (2) there would be no possible way of ever explaining to him the real issues. He is incapable of grasping the complexities.

If he weren't President - it wouldn't matter.
  • Wayfarer
    "Ty Cobb, the White House lawyer handling the response to the Russia investigation, said that the president’s tweets were “unrelated to the activities of the special counsel, with whom he continues to cooperate.” ~ Washington Post.

'Dissimulation
    dɪˌsɪmjʊˈleɪʃ(ə)n
    noun
    1. concealment of one's thoughts, feelings, or character; pretence.
    "an attempt at dissimulation"
    synonyms: pretence, dissembling, misrepresentation, deceit, dishonesty, duplicity, lying, guile, subterfuge, feigning, falsification, shamming, faking, bluff, bluffing, counterfeiting, posturing, hypocrisy, double-dealing.'
  • Hand In Hand
    a good little soldierRich

Reminds me of the song toy soldiers from Eminem.
  • Agustino
    Hahahaha!!! Has the new check from Crooked Foundation arrived on your doorstep? You will see that Trump will be vindicated.
  • Agustino
    Putin is right @Wayfarer - people like you are being disrespectful to all the people who have elected Donald Trump, and who have legitimacy to rule over America as they see fit now that they've won. You are denying the will of the people, by being a sore loser.
  • Michael
    Has the new check from Crooked Foundation arrived on your doorstep? You will see that Trump will be vindicated.Agustino

Has the cheque from the Trump Foundation arrived on your doorstep?
  • Agustino
    Has your cheque from the Trump Foundation arrived on your doorstep?Michael
    Alas, I wouldn't have said anything had I not seen Wayfarer being back to his old self, spreading propaganda.
  • Baden

Luckily you would never dream of spreading Trump propaganda. When you do it, it's just telling the truth! ;)
  • Agustino
    Are these numbers fake? 26% growth in DJI, less than one year. By the 1 year mark, we may well see 33% or higher! GDP growth highest in last 2 years and just over 3%! These are the numbers anti-Trump folk don't want others to see.

stock.png
  • Michael
    What is that supposed to show? Here's the last 5 years:

5r04npi1ev0bvt8s.png

The stock market tends to go up.
  • Agustino
    Why does it suddenly go up at a faster rate ever since Trump was elected?! :-d :-}
  • Michael
    I assume because investors believe that Trump will cut down on regulations that will allow them to make even more money, and so investor confidence is high?
  • Agustino
    2014-2016 when Obama was big boss, there was almost 0% change.

I assume because investors believe that Trump will cut down on regulations that will allow them to make even more money, and so investor confidence is high?Michael
    Right exactly. That's good. People are getting excited about doing business in America again.
  • Baden

Of course, Wall St is going to benefit from deregulation and promised tax breaks. Note that the benefits are going to the rich. As for the second statistic, Obama had 3% quarters too. So what? You have about an overall 2.1% growth rate under Trump so far. Talk about fake news...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-first-9-months-the-economy-and-markets-are-ok-but-not-the-greatest-ever-2017-10-20
  • Agustino
    Regulation always hits hardest on small businesses, not big businesses. In fact, regulations often protect big business and create barriers to entry that smaller peeps can't compete against. Bet you didn't know that ;)

-but-not-the-greatest-ever-2017-10-20Baden
    I never said they were greatest ever, but they are very good, despite the left trying to claim Trump is incapable. And yes, Obama had even 5% quarter.
  • Michael
    I never said they were greatest ever, but they are very good, despite the left trying to claim Trump is incapable.Agustino

He is incapable. Investors believing that he'll implement policies that will benefit them isn't the same as being capable.
  • Michael
    Regulation always hits hardest on small businesses, not big businesses. In fact, regulations often protect big business and create barriers to entry that smaller peeps can't compete against. Bet you didn't know thatAgustino

Regulations protect workers, consumers, and the environment.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.