• AmadeusD
    I'm happy with that. Couple of hours either side works for me too!
  • Moliere
    Same, especially cuz it's the weekend.

I just kept the first guess cuz no one else said it was bad, meaning anyone interested is good to go :)
  • Moliere

https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82479111508?pwd=5DIZCYRP7m2BSDHgj6ZK4DR2amD8xK.1

Meeting ID: 824 7911 1508
    Passcode: 7RrQY2

Didn't see anything so I thought I'd make a link.
  • Moliere
    I started the meeting early -- playing games until I hear someone hop on.
  • Moliere
    OK no shows so I'm shutting it down now.

Probably gotta get more agreement on times and such to make it happen since we've just been picking times and nada.
  • Moliere
    Maybe, instead of a general "let's see who shows up" we could do something more limited and focused.

That'd actually be someting like Socrates' Cafe as we used to run it -- we'd try to come up with a question beforehand that seemed philosophical-ish but attractive, and then use that as a means to teach people philosophy through doing it together.

That's probably more fun than just saying "uhhh OK So what's up, huh?"

Here I think we're small enough, especially in terms of willing participants, we could probably even broach some fairly controversial topics just to generate interest. Existence of God, personhood, just war.... not sure exactly.

Finding the right topic would be the key, though, to having people actually participate.

. . .

Maybe even . . . in/direct realism. *gulp*
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.