• Noble Dust
    Actually, I have--in my last post, and in the post before where you ignored the part below. But since you've offered no actual points, we're definitely done.

Anyone should know that personal anecdotal experience is not sufficient evidence to speak for a group. And no, it does not--except the fundamentalists--hide a hidden shame or interpret scripture to find it, and most Christians don't go looking for it.
    John Harris

What I mean is that you're making assertions instead of crafting an argument. Initially you made some arguments, which I responded to.
  • John Harris
    ↪Noble Dust

I disagree, but again, we're making wide sweeping statements here.

↪Noble Dust
    >:O

↪Noble Dust

I have experienced Christianity this way, so it must be that way for everyone.
  • John Harris
    What I mean is that you're making assertions instead of crafting an argument.Noble Dust

No, that's been you, and you did it again in your quote above.
  • Noble Dust

See:

I continue to generalize because you continued to generalized in the bold quote below. The only difference is my generalizations are accurate. Are your generalizations based on pew research data or something, or are they based on your personal experience? Because personal experience certainly wouldn't suffice.John Harris

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong,
    — John Harris

Yes, you can disagree, but you'd be wrong, and no childish--are you over 18?--emolji changes that.
    John Harris

No, that's been you,John Harris
  • John Harris
    See:

↪Noble Dust
    This is theologically true, but not really the case in the general zeitgeist of the faith, which is what I was commenting on. I already made the distinction later on in that post.

↪Noble Dust
    What I mean is that you're making assertions instead of crafting an argument.

↪Noble Dust
    As you've offered no actual points for me to address here.

↪Noble Dust
    This is theologically true, but not really the case in the general zeitgeist of the faith, which is what I was commenting on.

↪Noble Dust
    You continue to generalize

The main difference is my statements are true.
  • Noble Dust
    The main difference is my statements are true.John Harris

Ah, now I get it.
  • John Harris
    Finally. You make up for diligence in what you lack in incisiveness.
  • Agustino
    Ah, now I get it.Noble Dust
    8-)
  • John Harris
    Anyone should know that personal anecdotal experience is not sufficient evidence to speak for a group. And no, it does not--except the fundamentalists--hide a hidden shame or interpret scripture to find it, and most Christians don't go looking for it.

And this isn't an assertion; it is a crafted argument. However, feel free to counter and show how the experience of one person can speak for an entire group.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.