• 180 Proof
    “Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” Judge Stephanos Bibas (A TRUMP APPOINTEE) wrote in a 3-0 decision from the US Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/zoetillman/trump-court-loss-pennsylvania-election
  • Benkei
    Joe Biden gains votes in Wisconsin county after Trump-ordered recount.

:rofl:
  • praxis
    Diamond & Silk tell’n like it is... or at least reading their scripts aloud.

• jorndoe
    Press Conference: Election Whistleblowers Come Forward - Amistad Project via PR Newswire; Dec 01, 2020

featuring three whistleblowers who will provide personal eyewitness accounts demonstrating significant potential election fraud, some of which affects hundreds of thousands of ballots [...] Rigorous on-the-ground investigations have uncovered extensive evidence of fraud affecting hundreds of thousands of ballots that is being used in litigation across five states

... they claim.

("demonstrating" "Rigorous" "extensive" ... also "potential")

Can't help but wonder if they want to deny legitimate mail-voters.
  • Michael
    Barr: No evidence of fraud that’d change election outcome

Not even Barr is going along with the bullshit.
  • VagabondSpectre
    Do you reckon there is any chance of anything close to reasonable making its way to the supreme court?

I'm curious to know what the boofer would say/do.
  • Baden

He's already being described as "compromised", "a fool", and "a liar" by top Trump media henchman Lou Dobbs. And those are about the nicest things Trumpers are saying about him. The mad bag of ferrets are starting to eat each other, apparently. :victory:
  • 180 Proof
    :chin:
    "Fuck the Police"
    "Abolish the Police"
    "Defund the Police"

↪Benkei "Reform the Police" would have been much less inflammatory and accurate...180 Proof
    A more precise mantra (maybe):

'PROTECT US FROM COPS AND CRIMINALS'

:mask:
  • praxis

Oh what a tangled web grifters weave...
  • Baden

This and Giuliani farting his way through an election "fraud" hearing surrounded by drunks and racists making random shit up.
  • Hanover
    This and Giuliani farting his way through an election "fraud" hearing surrounded by drunks and racists making random shit up.Baden
    Leave it to the Republicans to squander their gains by radicalizing around the nutjobs. If Trump reemerges in 2024, I've got to hope a moderate right independent will run and grab half his votes.
  • Hanover
    News out of Georgia:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/brian-kemp-georgia-brad-raffensperger-signature-audit

As I understand it, on election night at around 10:00 p.m., the election workers told everyone to go home because of a pipe break. There has never been any evidence of a pipe actually having broken, and internal emails indicated that the claims were greatly exaggerated and that there might have been a slow leak . https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/slow-leak-text-messages-cast-doubt-on-georgia-officials-burst-pipe-excuse-for-pause-in-counting/news-story/19176f5113512210517c82debe684392

In any event, all the Republican observers left, but at least 4 vote counters remained. This newly released video shows that votes continued being counted in the absence of the observers after they were told to leave. The votes counted were taken from boxes that were stored under the table, which is alleged to have been from a different location than all previous ballots that were observed to be counted when the Republican observers were there.

My understanding is that the way absentee ballots are counted is that the exterior envelope is examined by a Republican and Democrat poll worker and they then determine whether the signature matches. If it does, the ballot is opened and scanned. If not, it's placed aside for further evaluation. Once a ballot it opened and accepted, there is no way to link that ballot back to the voter. So the theory is here that there were pre-created fabricated ballots that were not in envelopes stored under the table. The poll workers made up a story about a water leak and sent the Republican observers home, and then they scanned the fabricated ballots in. The Georgia election was decided by around 10,000 votes, which means in Fulton County, a county with a population of over 1 million, they could have falsified enough votes to change the Trump outcome, and more importantly, the Perdue and Loeffler outcome, which is now headed toward a runoff.

I remain skeptical of the meaning of this video as it was just posted very recently and the other side hasn't yet had an opportunity to respond. It's the breaking news du jour, but the idea that 4 local poll workers could have pulled off this fraud isn't that far fetched. We'll see.
  • Baden

Another conspiracy theory to add to the list. Meanwhile, the nutjobs in their official filings can't even work out who votes were stolen from and given to.

s9pj0p886d68nghh.jpg
  • Baden

Oh, this suitcase video BS has already been debunked btw.

"Does security camera video show a Fulton County, Georgia, election supervisor suspiciously pulling suitcases filled with ballots from under a table after telling poll workers to leave the room? And did that election official continue to illegally count ballots without required monitors in a manner that calls into question Joe Biden's narrow win over Donald Trump in Georgia? No, those claim are not true: Two high-level officials with the Georgia secretary of state's office and a state elections board monitor each told Lead Stories that their investigations revealed nothing suspicious in the video. The officials said the ballots seen in the video were in regular ballot containers -- not suitcases -- and they had been removed from their envelopes and processed while news media and election observers for the Republican Party and Trump campaign were present. The media and party observers were never told to leave because counting was over for the night, but they apparently followed workers who left once their job of opening envelopes was completed, the chief investigator for the secretary of state told Lead Stories. The observers were free to return at anytime, she said. Georgia law allows observers, but does not require them to be there for ballots to be counted, she said."

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2020/12/fact-check-video-from-ga-does-not-show-suitcases-filled-with-ballots-pulled-from-under-a-table-after-poll-workers-dismissed.html

Stop reading Rudy Giuliani tweets and watching idiotic Fox News hosts or you'll start to go crazy like the rest of them.
  • Hanover
    Thank you for doing my legwork. There's a guy at my office who was celebrating there finally being conclusive proof of fraud. I told him it sounded like bullshit, but to appear open minded, I told him I'd wait a few hours for all of this to be checked out.

So, let me ask you, assuming you're ideologically a Republican and that you find Ossoff and Warnock horrible alternatives, do you vote for Perdue and Loeffler even though they called for for the Ga. Sec of State to resign due to election fraud in Georgia? I'm really torn here.
  • Baden

I'm surprised you'd consider Purdue. Apart from the insider trading thing, didn't he post an ad that had an anti-semitic slant--was photoshopped to make Ossoff's nose look longer or something? (On this one, I haven't looked into it, so maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know dude, as a Republican, you're not exactly well-served by your choices there. Kemp is dumb as a nail and a Trump doormat, and the Senate candidates are, at best, crooks. Maybe write in Ronald Reagan or something.
  • Hanover
    I've not seen the ad you're talking about with Ossoff. The Atlanta Jewish Times (which I'm sure you also subscribe to) had full page ads for Perdue and Loeffler (who's Jewish) who were promoting their pro-Israel stance. Warnock has made some pretty clear statements against Israel, although he's backtracked. Perdue has always played the pro-Israel card, so it'd surprise me if he's gone the other way, but I don't know. Loeffler is a complete crook.

That being said, I also can't vote for Warnock because I was just visiting my son downtown who lives near Ebenezer Baptist Church (Warnock's church) and there literally was garbage strewn in the street from overflowing garbage cans. Surely he has the pull to get the city to clean up his own neighborhood if he actually cared.

I can't do a write in for a runoff. They are the only ones who qualified, so the Gipper is out.
  • Baden
    The Atlanta Jewish Times (which I'm sure you also subscribe to)Hanover

Yeah, they did a story on the nose thing.

https://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/perdue-campaign-removes-ad-ossoff-called-anti-semitic/
  • Hanover
    Yeah, they did a story on the nose thing.Baden

Not sure why that made me laugh. Politics is so fucked up.
  • Baden

I think this is how it went down:

"You sure he's a Jew? His nose ain't that big."
    "All over that, boss."

:mask:
  • praxis
    Apparently, Ted also has faith in the American voting system.

Poor Trumpsta's don't know who to follow.

• 180 Proof
    Avē Imperātor, moritūrī tē salūtant. :mask:

So, let me ask you, assuming you're ideologically a Republican and that you find Ossoff and Warnock horrible alternatives, do you vote for Perdue and Loeffler even though they called for for the Ga. Sec of State to resign due to election fraud in Georgia? I'm really torn here.Hanover
    If you think, Mr GOP, that Moscow Mitch's obstruction & court-packing - in the midst of an already-catastrophic, 9 months-long neglected pandemic and consequent small business, frontline & low-wage workers depression - are worse for America than any likely (moderate) "relief" alternative(s), then, like most plebs of good will, sir, hold your nose and vote Country-Over-Party for both Warnock & Ossoff. If, however, partisan ideology so completely blinds you to the accelerating, self-inflicted, existential crisis currently 'unraveling' America, then, by all means, carry-on with the status quo and, in patrician fashion, ignore the superstorm laying seige to, and battering the gates of, Rome.

:down: :up:
  • frank

I don't think you need to worry about reining in the democrats. If they go too far, it will be corrected by the swinging if the pendulum.

Just vote for the people who are most likely to back what's most important to you.
  • Hanover
    . If, however, partisan ideology so completely blinds you to the accelerating, self-inflicted, existential crisis currently 'unraveling' America, then, by all means, carry-on with the status quo and, in patrician fashion, ignore the superstorm laying seige to, and battering the gates of, Rome.180 Proof

Yes, this is what I'll do.
  • Baden
    Reality bites, Trumplestiltskin.

mw3q12tu7amvtdm4.png
  • Baden
    Many of these judgements are worth reading. They emphasize how utterly pathetic these tinfoil hat challenges are.

"This petition falls far short of the kind of compelling evidence and legal support we would
    undoubtedly need to countenance the court-ordered disenfranchisement of every Wisconsin voter.
    The petition does not even justify the exercise of our original jurisdiction.

The petition’s legal support is no less wanting. For example, it does not explain why its challenge to various election processes comes after the election, and not before. Nor does it grapple with how voiding the presidential election results would impact every other race on the ballot, or consider the import of election statutes that may provide the “exclusive remedy.

These are just a few of the glaring flaws that render the petition woefully deficient. I therefore join the court’s order denying the original action. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to share a further observation. Something far more fundamental than the winner of Wisconsin’s electoral votes is implicated in this case. At stake, in some measure, is faith in our system of free and fair elections, a feature central to the enduring strength of our constitutional republic. It can be easy to blithely move on to the next case with a petition so obviously lacking, but this is sobering. The relief being sought by the petitioners is the most dramatic invocation of judicial power I have ever seen. Judicial acquiescence to such entreaties built on so flimsy a foundation would do indelible damage to every future election. Once the door is opened to judicial invalidation of presidential election results, it will be awfully hard to
    close that door again. This is a dangerous path we are being asked to tread. The loss of public
    trust in our constitutional order resulting from the exercise of this kind of judicial power would be
    incalculable.

I do not mean to suggest this court should look the other way no matter what. But if there
    is a sufficient basis to invalidate an election, it must be established with evidence and arguments
    commensurate with the scale of the claims and the relief sought. These petitioners have come
    nowhere close. While the rough and tumble world of electoral politics may be the prism through
    which many view this litigation, it cannot be so for us. In these hallowed halls, the law must rule
    ."
  • Hanover
    Many of these judgements are worth reading. They emphasize how utterly pathetic these tinfoil hat challenges are.Baden

It is actually comforting to know US courts are a bastion of reasonableness. The debates we have had over judges' various interpretative philosophies seem to be silly quibbles in light of this, as none have so far become shills for one party or the other.

My concern is that moving forward, judges won't be chosen simply on the basis of whether they are strict or liberal constructionists, but on the basis of who they wish to see in power.

Trump is probably kicking himself for not having chosen thug judges who would do his bidding instead of egghead intellectuals with curious views on statutory construction, but who otherwise have absolute integrity for searching for the truth.
  • Baden

God said it's OK if I call you a motherfucker. :party: Nice.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.