• James Riley
    Sometimes chips get knocked off shoulders.
  • Varde
    this is too dark for me.
  • Varde
    I have been very polite all my life.

Nothing I do warrants bullying.

I have also been forethought and determined. I am bullied a lot, usually knuckles down to some dispute of my intellect which is also kept(non egotistical; for the discussion or debate).

I feel as if there's a problem in our society or schooling which leads to this sort of bullying.

I can take it but I'm dwindling...

I was always good to other races too. I enjoy them.
  • James Riley
    I have been very polite all my life.

Nothing I do warrants bullying.

I have also been forethought and determined. I am bullied a lot, usually knuckles down to some dispute of my intellect which is also kept(non egotistical; for the discussion or debate).

I feel as if there's a problem in our society or schooling which leads to this sort of bullying.

I can take it but I'm dwindling...

I was always good to other races too. I enjoy them.
    Varde

I think this is an interesting subject you bring up, but I think it's veering off track from systemic racism to bullying in general. You might start a different thread.
  • 180 Proof
    Some 'closure' for George Floyd's family ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/24/george-floyd-death-police-officers-guilty-civil-rights

All too common, reform is needed, Mr. President.
  • InvoluntaryDecorum
    Of course not, if it existed there would be no need to generalize it to this extent
  • javi2541997

Are you really serious about your statement?
  • Deleted User
    A cool idea I thought of that pertains to this thread:

Upon reviewing my thoughts on this, it occured to me that I can't really find sources of racism historically, other than states themselves, which implies racism IS systemic anytime it iemergent. It was always states the enforced and reinforced ethnic hatred, be it Jewish, or Persian, Greek Poleis even, Roman, Christian, European, Islamic, African, American, what have you. Every single known ethnicity has been subject to this "systemic racism," by every other ethnicity at some point in history that has been enforced by the state apparatus. Does anyone have an example of NON systemic racism in history that can't be directly related back to a state-reinforced cultural auspice?
  • javi2541997

Systematic racism exists everywhere. Keep in mind that is pretty common to have prejudices in others according to their race or ethnicities.
    I think this is not about how extended this topic is but a big problem which needs a solution.
  • InvoluntaryDecorum

Let's draw the line in the sand, "systemic racism" is mentioned nearly solely in the context of the west, and specifically the US. To specify even more, it implies the conspiracy of whites in higher positions to hurt other ethnic groups. In the modern US, no such proof of this can be found. It is boogeymanned to an unattackable point of broadness where it can be mentioned conveniently to relieve any misfortune(actual or not) of these other races. Racism unquestionably exists, but it doesn't stem from a system, and this wouldn't be the place to "beat it".
  • javi2541997

If you don't mind I would put in the line of the sand another countries from Asian world as Japan or China. It is pretty common there that the relationships or success depend on how you look like and then, can affect your expectations in the system. This issue is called Face (sociological concept).p, so is more common than you think around the earth.
    I think this place is the first step to beat something against racism. The structure of a system should not have that kind of differences among individuals.
  • InvoluntaryDecorum
    It is pretty common there that the relationships or success depend on how you look likejavi2541997

This is a bit more than just race
  • 180 Proof
    Once again ...
    The past is never dead. It's not even past. — William Faulkner
    The link below is to a recent article posted as a follow-up to :

Murica since the 1930s :point:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/09/redlining-air-pollution-us-cities :mask:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.