• Hanover
    I know what the FAT is. If you delete a file, you delete only the first letter of the name in the FAT, and the file you thought was deleted wasn't.
  • Sir2u
    I know what the FAT is. If you delete a file, you delete only the first letter of the name in the FAT, and the file you thought was deleted wasn't.Hanover

FAT File Allocation Table
    It is something like an index that tells the computer where to find the files, the physical location of it on the disk. And you are right, the file does not get removed it only has its name changed to $.
  • S
    To delete a file from the File Allocation Table, you need to delete the Sub Location In Module.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I have come up with a new word that means 'the last word'. It is zyzalogue. I win.CasKev

It's been tried and napes it doesn't work.
    Why is the board called a "Mother Board"?
  • Sir2u
    Why is the board called a "Mother Board"?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Probably because Father Board sounds bloody stupid.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Probably because Father Board sounds bloody stupid.Sir2u

There is something special about a Mother?
    {looking for a bit of appreciation for all the things the Mother does, noticed and unnoticed.}
  • Sir2u
    There is something special about a Mother?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Of course there is. Never tried it myself but I have heard all the wonderful things that they say about motherhood.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Of course there is. Never tried it myself but I have heard all the wonderful things that they say about motherhood.Sir2u
    Oh you must try cohabiting a body for 10 Lunar months, it's a kick and the ending...WOW...who would have thought such a pain level exists, legally, with the Geneva Convention in place.
  • CasKev
    Spending an entire week with my girls. Feels great! X-)
  • Hanover
    They make a special hammer for permanently deleting files.
  • CasKev
    I bet you @Sapientia has a special hammer for permanently deleting children right before he throws them off the cliff.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    They make a special hammer for permanently deleting files.Hanover

I thought it was bleach?
  • CasKev
    The Last Word for today will be... conflagration!
  • BC
    Probably because Father Board sounds bloody stupid.Sir2u

The rectangular key board is the Father Board, ejaculating text from the Mind of God into the Ever Virgin Mother Board. The mouse represents spermatozoa probably? OR, maybe the printer is the uterus -- churning out useless offspring like rabbits.

Paper copies are a crime against trees.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Trees against paper discrimination
  • Maw
    Shame the old forum wasted away. Doesn't seem like this one retained the spark of the original.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Maw, I learned so much from you at PF that I wish you would give TPF at least a couple hundred posts before you loose that spark in your eye. :)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    "You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips and there's no tenderness like before on your fingertips, I'm tryin hard not to show it, but baby, baby I know it..."
  • Sir2u
    The rectangular key board is the Father Board, ejaculating text from the Mind of God into the Ever Virgin Mother Board. The mouse represents spermatozoa probably? OR, maybe the printer is the uterus -- churning out useless offspring like rabbits.Bitter Crank

Yee gads, I don't even want to think about what a microphone would be in your universe.
  • Sir2u
    "You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips and there's no tenderness like before on your fingertips, I'm tryin hard not to show it, but baby, baby I know it..."ArguingWAristotleTiff

No one ever looses the loving feeling, they just misplace it sometimes. Unless that is, the person is a complete and utter bloody idiot.
  • S
    Spark? This place is no mere spark. This place is an atom bomb, and it blows the old place out of the water.
  • CasKev
    Yeah, just try arguing with Thanatos Sand. You'll find lots of flame there.
  • Sir2u
    This place is an atom bomb, and it blows the old place out of the water.Sapientia

What place are you referring to?

No, that's OK I figured it out.
  • CasKev
    Well, that was a great week! Back to the grind on Tuesday. Out with the old boss, in with the new! :)
  • Sir2u
    Well, that was a great week! Back to the grind on Tuesday. Out with the old boss, in with the new!CasKev

Shit did I miss something, like the memo about 3 day weekends! My weekends are only 2 days, if I am lucky. And I usually have work I brought home.
  • CasKev
    Civic holidays - they're great! Gotta love Canada!
  • Sir2u
    Civic holidays - they're great! Gotta love Canada!CasKev

Holidays. That's why I like my job.
    6 weeks for Christmas
    1 week for Easter
    2 weeks mid-year
    8 days Civic holidays
  • CasKev
    Oh, that's not so bad! You made it sound pretty grim in your preceding post.
  • Sir2u
    Oh, that's not so bad! You made it sound pretty grim in your preceding post.CasKev

Because the rest of the year is close to slave labor with 400 kids shouting at you.
  • CasKev
    Have you had the pleasure of teaching any of @Sapientia's children?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.