• Pantagruel
    The more you give your beliefs definite, actionable form, the more and better feedback you will receive, allowing you to adjust, correct, or otherwise optimize your beliefs.
  • T Clark
    The more you give your beliefs definite, actionable form, the more and better feedback you will receive, allowing you to adjust, correct, or otherwise optimize your beliefs.Pantagruel

I think it's even more than that. I've found that I don't even know what I believe until I've put it in "definite, actionable form," or at least in words.
  • Pantagruel
    I think it's even more than that. I've found that I don't even know what I believe until I've put it in "definite, actionable form," or at least in words.T Clark

:100:

I think this is a desirable state of mind to cultivate. At least, it's also my experience and method. I think if you really believe something, you should want that belief to be put into action
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.