• Mikie
    The recall is about two weeks away, and is significant. Right now it's within the margin of error of some polls. I want to see how prescient we are here at the PF.
    1. Who do you predict will win? (5 votes)
        Gavin Newsom
        80%
        One of the many Republicans running against Newsom
        20%
  • tim wood
    Me Newsom.

This from The Atlantic Monthly.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/08/gavin-newsom-california-recall/619848/

"Many don’t realize, though, that the ballot contains two separate questions: first, yes or no on the recall, and then, in case a majority votes to recall Newsom, a ballot that does not include the governor’s name but does include 46 others. Newsom noted, he could receive 49.9 percent of the vote, lose the recall, and be replaced by a governor elected with 14 percent of the vote. This is the way democracy could play out in the largest state in the union—home to 40 million people—and the fifth-largest economy in the world."
  • Shawn
    Californian here. I'm not too hot on Newsom.

I might go with Cox.
  • Mikie

It’s a ridiculous system. There’s also the prospect that this loses the senate, because if Feinstein dies it’s the Republican Governor that will appoint the next one.
  • Mikie
    So much for that.

Glad to see reason prevail. To the one person who voted that Newsom would lose: wishful thinking?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment