• Benkei
    https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/05/onslaught-violence-against-women-and-children-gaza-unacceptable-un-experts

“We are horrified at details emerging from mass graves recently unearthed in the Gaza Strip. Over 390 bodies have been discovered at Nasser and Al Shifa hospitals, including of women and children, with many reportedly showing signs of torture and summary executions, and potential instances of people buried alive,” the experts said.

But but but... Hamas!
  • 180 Proof
    The systematic atrocity of Netanyahu's mass murdering with impunity goes on because (A) Israel receives too much US-EU finanvial & military support and (B) Israelis aren't bleeding enough (yet) for the citizenry en mass to rise up and stop Bibi's zionfascist regime from slaughtering any more Gazans et al.
  • Lionino
    Over 390 bodies have been discovered at Nasser and Al Shifa hospitals, including of women and children

390 bodies? Including women and children? That is horrible.

Does anybody want to talk about the half a million child refugees settled in Bangladesh with no rights or support? No? Ok...
  • Benkei
    The relevant part was the torture and executions but nice cherry picking I suppose.
  • Lionino
    I guess still no...
  • Benkei
    You do love your red herrings.
  • Lionino
    Sorry, I am not acquainted with internet-debate vocab, so I have no clue what that means. But what I am gathering is that you (and many other people here) don't care about refugee children in Bangladesh. Why is that?
  • Benkei
    You gather wrong. It's also off topic. Unlike Israel nobody here is defending Myanmar either. That would illicit a response in whatever thread that would happen.
  • Mr Bee
    Israel has done more to undermine the US-led world order these past few months than anything Russia and China are doing. If Trump ends up getting elected because of Israel and he goes on to dismantle NATO and hand Ukraine to Russia then we all have Netanyahu to thank for being such an incompetent immoral villainous figure.
  • Mikie
    Objective: eradicate Hamas.

Since Israel is the aggressor and occupier, which has created a murderous prison for 2 million people barely surviving under its vicious regime, the way they can deal with Hamas is to free the territory from their sadistic rule.

More narrowly, they can accept a cease-fire.

There will be no eradication of Hamas. What Israel wants is apparent: cleanse the region of those “barbaric” Palestinians, who are to blame for Hamas’ actions and who don’t really deserve to be there anyway. Barely disguised racism, really. But so it goes…
  • Moses

Why would we care about Bangladesh unless… is it the fault of the zionists?
  • Lionino
    Why would we care about Bangladesh unless…Moses

For people who portray themselves as caring about human suffering and children, there is awfully little talk about the half a million Bengali child refugees.
  • Tzeentch

As usual, Mearsheimer manages to deliver a lucid take on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

I have echoed similar sentiments in this thread: Israel is paving the way to its own destruction, and apologizing for its misdeeds or cheering it on is simply going to expediate that process.

Israel needs a radical change of course.
  • Mikie
    Awfully little talk about the suffering of other countries on a thread about Israel/Palestine. How suspicious! It just proves that those discussing Israel/Palestine, on an Israel/Palestine thread, don’t really care about oppression, ethnic cleansing, or genocide.

And pointing this out makes me smart. It definitely doesn’t prove that one is a complete imbecile.
  • Mikie

Don’t you mean “your guru Mearsheimer”? (Is that goofy ignoramus still around? I lost track after putting on ignore list.)

Anyway— Mearsheimer is spot on, as usual. I’m glad he’s getting a larger audience, thanks mostly to the internet media sidestepping mass media, which ignores him (although he did get 5 minutes on the PBS Newshour a few months ago).
  • 180 Proof
    Addendum to the 2012 documentary The Gatekeepers linked in my previous post
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/900701

:scream: THE CALLS FOR HELP AGAINST ISRAELI-JEWISH THREATS TO ISRAEL HAVE BEEN COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE (AT LEAST) SINCE THE KAHANIST – ZION-FASCIST –ASSASSINATION OF PRIME MINISTER RABIN ...

some of the latest articles:

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-801455

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/16/briefing/how-israeli-extremists-won.html

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/extremist-israeli-settlers-are-nonstate-armed-actors/

Ergo, apologists for Netanyahu's recent genocidal operation (against the apartheid-captive, oppressed population of Gaza – à la "Warsaw Ghetto) in a calculated overreaction to Hamas are accomplices in the well-documented, (less and less gradual) right-wing destruction of Israel. No doubt the spectres of Göbbels, the SS and other historical Christian/Muslim/communist antisemites' are pleased. :death:
  • 180 Proof
    STFU moron.Moses
    More projection = confession :lol:
  • Moses

Stick to philosophy because history is obviously not your strong suit. Ridiculous, offensive comparison.
  • Lionino
    Awfully little talk about the suffering of other countries on a thread about Israel/PalestineMikie

Wrong.

Awfully little talk about the suffering of other countries anywhere here*.

Fixed that for you. Let me know you if you need further tutoring in interpretation of texts.
  • RogueAI

https://www.unicef.org/emergencies/rohingya-crisis

But there are no Jews involved, so it flies under the radar of the antisemites here.
  • Mikie
    Yeah, racist genocide promoters love to divert attention from the topic of the thread. Anything to defend the Nazi regime.

Hey look! Suffering in Bangladesh! :lol: — idiocy knows no bounds.
  • Mikie

Funny how I don’t see them creating threads about the topics they seem to care so much about.

Even though they exist already. But no matter.

I really shouldn’t even take imbeciles seriously.
  • Lionino
    racist genocide promotersMikie

You got me, I am just evil like. rubs hands

Even though they exist already. But no matter.Mikie

Two dead threads from years ago, one of which has no central topic. Thank you, Twitter, you are such great people, solving the world's problems selectively.

they seem to care so much aboutMikie

"No u" :lol:
  • Lionino
    When was the last time one of the thread's hypocrites visited a child orphanate?
    College/work field trips don't count!
  • 180 Proof
    There is essentially zero afterlife mention[ed] in the Hebrew Bible.BitconnectCarlos
    :roll: What about Sheol?

https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13563-sheol
  • BitconnectCarlos

Rarely mentioned, and when it is mentioned never really expanded upon. Possibly just means "the grave." Or perhaps some shadowy underworld. Not at all a major concern or topic in the Hebrew Bible.
  • Mikie
    Two dead threads from years agoLionino

That don’t exist. Oh wait, they exist but they’re from years ago. Oh wait, not from years ago but 7 months ago.

I really shouldn’t engage with imbeciles. My bad. You’re going on the ignore list. Have fun talking to yourself. Bye.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.