• javi2541997
    That would save time, effort, money and a possible health risk, depending on the age of the building.Vera Mont

:up:

Anything before 1977-80 is likely to contain asbestos.Vera Mont

The building is 30 years old. The construction started in 1993 and ended in 1994. I was born here, and I wish I can keep living here. There are a lot of memories, and if one day I leave and live in another city, I will suffer from nostalgia.
  • Vera Mont

Yes, but it's a bittersweet suffering. I've lived in many places and had many different lives, so I have lots of colourful memories for my old age. You don't want to deprive yourself of varied experiences and environments. They make staying put for the last 25+years acceptable - otherwise, I'd feel I missed out on everything.
  • Nils Loc
    @javi2541997

I still don't understand your popcorn ceiling issue. It's all very mysterious. If it isn't on your walls, and you want to put things on your walls, what does that have to do with the ceiling? It looks like you have orange peel textured walls, same as I do, which I'd surmise is less challenging to deal with than popcorn texture.

Slap some picture pins into it and tell it who's boss. Those adhesive velcro strips for picture hanging we've got in U.S. (possibly Scott's brand) also work very well on orange peel texture. They didn't want to come off when I took down an eraser board I had on the wall, taking a bit of orange peel with it, even when stretching the release tabs.
  • javi2541997
    Yeah, those are good solutions to my cursed walls of popcorn ceiling. I tried everything, but the pictures or pins ended up falling down, anyway. Although adhesive or sticky putty may be the best solutions, I think the weather in my city is inconvenient as well. I have never tried velcro... now that you have mentioned, it could be a good solution. By the way, I have to focus on colouring these damn walls, because when a room is a painting 'process' everything turns into a mess full of disorder and dust.
  • jgill
    I have popcorn ceilings, too. Never think about it. Big deal.

I try to always have a math project I can explore - one that no one else has worked on. That makes my leisure attitude pleasing, no matter what the outcome. Math tends to be a very competitive activity.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.