• Lionino
    A bit strange however that he can call others "imbecile" and "moron" while the word 'r*t*rd' is forbidden even in URLs. All three are/were medical terms; it is also "ableism". Why is one not acceptable but the others so ok?
  • Mikie
    Israel is unlikely to eradicate Hamas, any more than the United States eradicated the Taliban in Afghanistan, the Vietcong in Vietnam or violent militias in Iraq.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/18/opinion/rafah-gaza-israel.html

Funny this even makes it to The NY Times. But of course he’s right. It’s a stupid decision, apart from being genocidal and morally disgusting. But it may get Bibi another few months of power. (Although even that is looking uncertain now, given his thin alliance is getting restless.)

@180 Proof

Just watched the Mearsheimer video in full, BTW. Crystal clear, as always— but the Q&A was especially interesting.
  • fdrake

'mon, do you need to insult people like that.
  • fdrake

Same with you.
  • Mikie

I can’t help myself sometimes. But no worries— I blocked him. So I’m done. Feel free to delete my comments.
  • Moses
    Why would anyone expect the pro-Hamas crew to be civil? Anyone catch the demonstrations in NY lately? Green Hamas flags and protesters decked out in full Hamas garb. It’s really just domestic terrorism at this point with their overt support for terrorist groups which kidnap and rape women & children but it’s fine bc they’re the weaker side and they’re oppressed noble victims.
  • Mikie
    Why would anyone expect the pro-Hamas crew to be civil?Moses

Yeah, like the civil pro-genocide crowd:

STFU moron.Moses

:up:

See my prior comments regarding your ilk.
  • Moses
    If there was even 10 Palestinians killed the Hamas crew would be crying jennyside. :cry: :scream: :cry:

Pallywood productions in full swing! Blood libels are nothing new. How dare those Jews hit back. :cry:
  • Mikie
    The genocide apologist tries satire again. Hilarious.

:yawn:
  • Moses
    What do you think Israel’s aim is? Kill every Palestinian? Even the ones in Lebanon?
  • Benkei
    The same aim as it has always been: remove all Palestinians from Palestine and create a greater Israel from the river to the sea with Apartheid in its borders; where non-Jews will have less rights than Jews and Mizrahi, Sephardic and Ethiopian Jews will be discriminated against by their right wing supremacist AshkeNazi "brothers".
  • 180 Proof
    ↪Moses The same aim as it has always been: remove all Palestinians from Palestine and create a greater Israel from the river to the sea with Apartheid in its borders; where non-Jews will have less rights than Jews and Mizrahi, Sephardic and Ethiopian Jews will be discriminated against by their right wing supremacist AshkeNazi "brothers".Benkei
    :100: :zip:
  • Mikie
    The occupation has cultivated a longstanding disregard among Israeli soldiers for Palestinian lives, and similar impulses in the words and actions of commanders can be seen to lie behind the horrors of what we are witnessing today.

Israel has governed a people denied basic human rights and the rule of law through constant coercion, threats and intimidation. The idea that the only answer to Palestinian resistance, both violent and nonviolent, is greater — and more indiscriminate — force has shown signs of becoming entrenched in the Israel Defense Forces and in Israeli politics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/20/opinion/israel-gaza-idf-palestinians-human-rights.html
  • BitconnectCarlos
    The same aim as it has always been: remove all Palestinians from Palestine and create a greater Israel from the river to the sea with Apartheid in its borders; where non-Jews will have less rights than Jews and Mizrahi, Sephardic and Ethiopian Jews will be discriminated against by their right wing supremacist AshkeNazi "brothers".Benkei

If the goal is to remove all Palestinians from Palestine then that would mean purging Israel's own Palestinian civilians. Why hasn't Israel done this if that's its goal? Where is Israel going to send them? Are there plans? Will they be building death camps where Ashkenazi Jews will run the selection process regarding who gets to live and who goes to slave labor?

If Israel did expel all of its Arab muslims that would basically put it on par with many of the arab nations.

@180 Proof Looks like someone's found a friend today. Can't resist a shot at the white Jews.
  • Benkei
    If the goal is to remove all Palestinians from Palestine then that would mean purging Israel's own Palestinian civilians. Why hasn't Israel done this if that's its goal? Where is Israel going to send them? Are there plans? Will they be building death camps where Ashkenazi Jews will run the selection process regarding who gets to live and who goes to slave labor?BitconnectCarlos

Your interpretation makes no sense because you simply want to disagree. I said "and". Both these things will happen unless Israel's extreme right wing idiots and their apologists are stopped. So those Palestinians that are not removed will be subject to Apartheid in Israel proper.
  • BitconnectCarlos

And if your far right isn't stopped things will surely get worse for the muslims too. Is the Netherlands an apartheid state because of the burqa ban? Are all muslim migrants treated exactly as they should? Are they freely allowed to wear their religious symbols everywhere? Yes Israel struggles with an often intolerant minority as the West is as well. Multiculturalism has failed: Intolerant minorities do not assimilate or "melt" into the host countries.
  • AmadeusD
    God the posters that pass for 'moderators' on this site is a real, real blight on the face of it.
  • Benkei
    red herring. There's no clearer condemnation of Israel than the weakness of replies that only aim to distract.
  • BitconnectCarlos

We clearly differ in how we view international politics/legal organizations. If the UN & ICC existed in the early 40s (or the 50s and 60s) and focused excessively on the US I'd take the same attitude while you'd be like "well they're not wrong!!" It's all just political. Thankfully the ICC has no jurisdiction in Israel.

Additionally, the charge of "apartheid" means zero if the entire West is "apartheid" for not kneeling to Islam. :roll:
  • Benkei
    Again with the comparisons that are ahistoric. Just deal with the facts as they are now.

Additionally, the charge of "apartheid" means zero if the entire West is "apartheid" for not kneeling to Islam. :roll:BitconnectCarlos

Clearly, you have no clue how segregation is established in Israël. Despite this having been shared multiple times in this thread you don't read it. Second, your own disgusting racism is clear for all to see with your vile rhetoric about "not kneeling to Islam".
  • BitconnectCarlos
    Clearly, you have no clue how segregation is established in Israël.Benkei

Have you ever been there? I mean actually stepped foot in the country. Or are you going to come at me with Al-Jazeera? There were no "no muslims" or "no arabs allowed" signs. Muslims are not barred from holding high positions or political office. Now tell me again how Israel is literally Hitler and how there's rampant discrimination and racism everywhere. And Islam is not a race. The name literally mean "submission" but it's not my job to educate you.
  • Benkei
    https://www.btselem.org/
    https://www.adalah.org/en/law/index

It's nice how you equate the right wing extremists (aka Zionists) with the entirety of Israel and therefore keep trying to pretend I make an argument in not making. It's also nice you can pretend because you don't see it that therefore it isn't there ("Member of dominant ethnicity doesn't notice discrimination of minority", no shit sherlock). It's also nice that the token Arab in "high positions" is a good enough reason for you to ignore the actual apartheid, as well documented by various human rights groups.

But please, ignore the facts in lieu of your feelings which are so important you're willing to excuse war crimes and apartheid for it. You remind me of a jellyfish. No spine and hasn't evolved in the last billion years.
  • 180 Proof
    :shade: You're a fatuous liar, BitCunt! Here's some more "antisemitic propaganda" ...

The Jerusalem Post
    26March23

"32% of all racist incidents in 2022 were directed at Arab Israelis - Justice Ministry"

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-735422
  • BitconnectCarlos

Were these Arabs muslim? Don't worry, 180, you'll always be my favorite racist.
  • Tzeentch
    Ireland to recognise Palestinian State

Norway recognises Palestinian State

Long overdue, but a positive development that will put further pressure on Israel.

Other countries are reportedly following suit.
  • javi2541997
    Why did you ignore us when it is clear that 'Spain' is written in the title between Ireland and Norway? :roll:
    The same snub by North to the South, as always... If only my government would root for Israel, folks would say: Oh yes, the unemployment young men doing reckless things as usual.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.