• flannel jesus
    Just watched this little lecture / meditation thing by an artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUmf1Vh7mgc

He sort of goes into perception and experience - he kinda comes at it from what I interpret to be a pretty indirect realist standpoint (I suppose that might be arguable, but if you watch, I think you'd understand why it seems very "indirect realist" to me).

He's not a scientist, he's just an artist who likes to philosophize about things - he philosophizes about quite a lot. Even just listening to the first 20 minutes will give you a gist of where he's going with it. It kinda becomes a bit zen as it goes on - if you want to hear an artist kinda give you a guided meditation on perception, give it a go. If that's not your cup of tea, skip.
  • hypericin

Thanks, I enjoyed this intersection of (the practice of) art, Buddhism and philosophy. He has a clear (and very clearly articulated) indirect realist perspective. I wonder how the intransigent direct realists here would respond.
  • AmadeusD
    I didn't write this ...Apustimelogist

Quite clearly. It also seems you’ve not understood it. But this just adds to the pile..
  • Apustimelogist

If you think I have not understood something, then explain why rather than pointless, contentless quips.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment